Chapter 7

Naina said, "Hitesh is in Mumbai. He is very disturbed. He will come out of this only when he hears the news of Raghav's death. Tell me more about Sameera."

Aryan looked at the window. He said, "Sameera was my best friend. She was a journalist fighting for truth. We never asked each other about our professional lives. We came to Mumbai and she was busy collecting evidences against someone powerful.

That is what she had told me. Three days before her death, she got a call. She looked very disturbed. I should have understood that something was wrong. On that fateful day, she got another call and she asked me to come after ten minutes.

Her eyes had strange fear. I, again, ignored it. She went downstairs and after ten minutes, I went down to see, Sameera, lying on the road with a small bullet in her abdomen. She had asked me avenge her. That's why I am here to assist you. Can you tell me what the plan is?"

Naina was about to speak when Abdul came in. "Beti, the lunch is ready. You can come down."

***

After having their lunch, Aryan reminded her of the plan.

Naina smirked, "Hold on mister hero, we have to take His blessings before I tell you about our plan."

"Okay fine. You won't tell anything easily. So where are we going?"

"Dagdusheth Temple."

***

Jostling their way in the huge crowd they moved slowly. Laxmi road can sometimes be very crowded. Soon they reached Budhvar Peth. Aryan read the name of the street. "Budhvar Peth meaning Wednesday Road."

Naina laughed. "No stupid, it means all the shops in this road are closed on Wednesday."

Aryan frowned. "You mean to say that there is a road called Shanivaar Peth where all the shops are closed on Saturday?"

"Exactly."

Aryan shrugged. "You can't be serious."

Naina got irritated. "I had made it very clear Aryan, I am very serious. It is a way of remembering on which days the shops are closed."

Pune was a city of mighty Marathas. Naturally the roads are small so was Budhvar Peth. On the narrow road, stood a huge car. Naina asked a policewoman, "Which idiot has parked his car here?"

The policewoman looked around and said, "Talk little softly. This car belongs to Raghav."