Chapter 5- Races and Midnight Chats

"...and that's Ponyville's local Bowling Alley." Dash pointed towards a building with a sign that showed a bowling pin and ball.

It was a normal day in Ponyville, at least, as normal as it could get.

The sky was a clear blue with a few clouds lurking around. It was one of those days where ponies would want to stay outside and bathe in Celestia's sunlight for as long as it lasted.

Which was why, this was the perfect time for a particular tour—or at least, the end of one.

"Ponyville has its own Bowling Alley? Geez, was does this place not have?!" Fleetfoot asked in surprise.

"An antique store. But, we're working on it."

"Right," Soarin rolled his eyes playfully. "So, what's next?" He asked.

"Hmm..." Dash mused, thinking over all the things she showed them, "...I think that's it!"

"This is a pretty neat little town you have Dash." Spitfire complimented. "Wouldn't mind living here, seems very peaceful." Rainbow snorted.

"Peaceful. Yeah sure, if you're not getting attacked by Ursa Minors, Cerberus, Bugbears, maniac unicorns and dragons every other week." She rolled her eyes.

"...Nevermind."

"Anyways, I think there's one more place to show you. It's one of my favourite spots in Ponyville."

"Oh?" Soarin perked up.

"Yeah. Ever heard of Ghastly Gorge?" She grinned.

"...I think we haven't heard of it for a reason, Dash." Fleetfoot said.

Dash scoffed, "pssh, It's not that dangerous. Besides, it'll be fun!" She started to hover above the ground. "Follow me!"

"Eh, why not?" The turquoise pegasus shrugged and followed after the rest who had already taken off.

They all flew through the bustling crowds towards the western side of the town. The peaceful yet busy atmosphere of Ponyville was strangely calming.

If one listened close enough, they could hear the faint sound of drilling and machines.

The construction on the stadium had started today.

As they flew further and further, the number of buildings started to decrease and the land started to turn barren with grass and hills.

"How much farther?" Spitfire asked as they were quite far away from the town.

Dash suddenly screeched to a halt making the others stop with her and smirked sideways at Spitfire.

"We're here."

The Wonderbolts looked in front of them and their eyes widened. They didn't know what they were expecting but what lay before them was...breathtaking.

The gorge itself was huge with many sharp twists and turns and unsteady paths. There was a large flowing stream with clear blue water and it looked absolutely magnificent with the sunlight hitting it at just the right angle.

"Woah..." Soarin breathed.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool at this time of year but, don't let its awesomeness fool you. It can be pretty tough, especially if you're a first timer," she glanced at them.

"Wait...what do you mean by 'first timer'?" Spitfire rose an eyebrow.

"We're gonna race through it, duh!"

"Wait, what?!" Fleetfoot exclaimed. "What exactly is through there?"

"Hmm let's see, there's the Windy Caves, Bramble Bushes—which you need mad agility for—and the Quarry Eels." She finished.