twenty one

I woke up and realized it was morning. Wow, I slept almost a whole day. Well, that's nothing new honestly. I got up and walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I was done, I checked my phone to see messages from Blake.

Blake:
Morning beautiful! I came by last night but you were asleep.

Me:
Morning! Sorry I guess the jet leg got to me haha.

Blake:
Weston and I were wondering if you could hang out today?

Me:
Sure!

Blake:
We'll be there about 2 to get you

I checked the time to see that I had about four hours before they would be here, so I took my time getting ready. I straightened my hair, put on some mascara, and got dressed. I was wearing a black crop top with high waisted shorts and white converse.

After I got dressed, I walked downstairs to see my mom and her boyfriend in the kitchen. Great. Hannah was at the kitchen table eating cereal, so I decided to join her. "Goodmorning." My mom said. "Morning. I'm hanging out with Blake and Weston later." I told her and she nodded.

"Who are they?" Justin asked me. "My boyfriend and my best friend." I told him. "You just let her run around with two boys?" He asked my mom. "I've known them for years and they're great kids." She told him.

"You're staying here." Justin tells me. I stand up from the table. "You aren't my dad and you can't tell me what to do." I snapped at him before grabbing my phone and walking out of the house.

I decided to just walk to Blake's house, hoping he wouldn't mind. When I reached his front door, I knocked twice. His mom answered the door and smiled. "Hi Kinley. How are you?" She asks me sweetly. "I'm okay. Yourself?" I asked.

"I'm good, thanks. Blake's in his room." She said, letting me inside. "Okay, thank you." I smiled, walking up the stairs to Blake's room. His door is wide open, so I just walk in.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?" He asked. "My mom's boyfriend sucks!" I groan, sprawling out on his bed. "I'm sorry." He chuckles. "He said I can't hang out with you today." I sighed.

"Oh." Was all Blake said. "But I'm going to anyway and I'm here because I'm not dealing with his crap." I laughed. "Oh, so you're not here to see me?" He asked, pouting his lip. "Of course I am." I said.

He laughs and we just sat there silently. Enjoying each other's company. Then, Blake's phone went off. "Weston wants to know if we can leave now?" Blake said, asking more of a question. I nodded and Blake put on some shoes.

Then, we walked out of his house and down the street to get Weston. "Where exactly are we going?" I asked. "That new amusement park downtown." Blake smirked at me, knowing I had been wanting to go there. I smiled and took his hand in mine.

We finally got to Weston's and he came right out, without us even having to knock. Then, we were on our way to the amusement park.