Prologue: Back Into The Swing Of Things

Start from the beginning

Just before my mother died, my sister or who I once thought was my sister, Corrine Casterwill and I were transported to the world of Yugioh. Not the dueling type of Yugioh you all know from the Saturday morning cartoons, but Season Zero. That day, I went to school the same route I as my sister. She had went to school first, and was at least a street ahead of me since she had to be to school before I did. She was in high school at the time, my middle school which wasn't in the same building, was the same way though. Somehow I ended up catching up to Corrine, but when I did I realized that she was getting beat up by those arrogant wannabe thugs who go to her school, that usually walked the same direction. I saw one of them try to take her iPad and I could only think in my head how stupid she was for holding that thing out in plain sight. But then there was a bright light, the next thing I knew those idiots were running away from her like they had seen a ghost, and Corrine was gone. I ran over to where she was and saw no signs of her even being there. I started to call my brother for help, but I picked up Corrine's tablet so I could stuff it in my backpack, it started shining bright and I dropped my phone. And just like that, I had dropped my backpack, the tablet and my phone and had fallen into a dumpster. When I was able to crawl out and after I looked at my surroundings, I realized I was in the Yugioh world, right outside KaibaCorp too be exact. The rest really is history. All in all, we spent about 5 months in the Yugioh world. Here however, when we arrived and checked, only 5 days had passed in comparison. We woke up in the same alleyway we started in, the one where I found Corrine. We didn't really questioned anything, just ran to the school before heading to the hospital with my brother and Corrine's "bf". We stayed at the hospital with mom one day and one night, before she passed away.

My older brother Tyler "Lindo" Casterwill, who was 18 at the time, is 23 now. Even though he doesn't really like it when I call him Lindo, I still do it. But only on days that he's not super stressed out or pissed. Ever since mom died, Tyler was the one who had to step up and take care of us. Since he was 18 and already had part time job he was somewhat eligible to legally do so. He got a few good friends, or at least I think they are, who were good with legal issues to convince some people, which we're going to call "the government" that Tyler was basically old enough and was stable enough mentally and financially. It wasn't easy, especially when he was scheduled to start college soon. He had to put that on hold a year and work full time. Soon Corrine was able to take a couple part time jobs, and I had a summer jobs. All that combined with the money both mom and dad had left for us, we became stable enough that Tyler didn't have to work two jobs. Now, Tyler goes to college in the morning, has little time to rest in the afternoon, and works in the evening, only to get off a few hour before school starts.

Corrine, who was 14 at the time, is now 19. Since coming back, she's finished high school but decided not to go to college and works two part time jobs. One in the morning, which is working at a flower shop across from the grocery store done the street, and the other she works in the afternoon til half the evening as a dance instructor at the rec center across from my high school. She's co-choreographer for the dance team in our neighborhood, called Studio Di, the same one I joined. Studio Di, stands for different, because that's the word that really defines our group. It's full of different kinds of people, black to white (Of course, there's more than just those races. I'm just tryin' to make a point.), young to old (well, only to 18), nerds to popular kids, hopefully now you get my point.

I joined Studio Di when I was still in middle school. Tyler had suggested to me to join an extracurricular club at school, to take my mind off of mom. But, all the after school clubs at my school were trash, and no I'm not afraid to say it. In fact, my whole middle school was trash, and no one's gonna stop me from saying it. But let me stop going off topic, *cough*. Back then, Studio Di wasn't very popular and only had a few people involved with it. When I joined, the after school dancing helped me relax. At first, I wasn't very good, and just tried my best to follow behind the seniors of the group, but by the end you could already see that I showed improvement. A lot has changed with the group in 5 years however. Studio Di was of the brink of extinction when the dance instructors quit. Before you ask, it was for an unknown reason. Buuut, if you want hear my suspicion, they were busted for selling weed and got sent to prison. The norm' for people around here. After they quit, with no one to teach, most kids started to leave and get into bad things, basically turning into potential thugs and prostitutes. No joke intended. Before things got worse though, two young adults fresh outta high school applied for the jobs to teach at the rec center. One being Corrine, and the other, him. Who is this him? Huuh, I guess I can't dodge the question forever.