Family Road Trip

I woke up to a jostling mess and almost rolled off of Gabe's lap.
    "That's why you wear a seatbelt" Sammy teased. Gabriel and Dean were too busy laughing. I didn't blame them. I was laughing so hard I was transforming into a tomato.
    "Yeah whatever" I attempted readjusting myself however my elbow landed into Gabe's lap and something sent a sharp pain through my arm. I landed back down and groaned. "Something in your pocket or are you just happy I'm awake?" I teased. His face instantly turned red. 
    Suddenly the loud sound of a throat being cleared rang from the driver's seat. "Better be the first one Novak" my big brother warned.
    "Easy there Tiger, it was." Gabe held his hands up in defence.
    "No one calls me Tiger."
    I cleared my throat. I've called him that since we met.
    " 'cept her" he quickly added. I nodded in satisfaction and Gabe laughed at us.
    "You two are quite the pair." He noted.
   Now it was Sam's turn to clear his throat.
    "Trio." I corrected. Sam looked back and we smiled at each other. Dean looked up at the rearview mirror and joined us. The best Trip since the Three Musketeers. Hell, even better. Two goofball brothers and their weirdo little sister.
    Finally the throat clearing went full circle and Gabe cleared his throat. We broke our smile session and I turned and gave Gabriel a quick kiss and he smiled. That usually was how I could easily make him smile. Like magic.
    "What even is in your pocket?" I asked a little while later while we stopped out of pure curiosity. Dean was getting gas and Sam was getting water and snacks for us all.
    "Well, I was gonna wait 'till after we got Cas back but I guess I can tell you now."
    "Of course." I placed my hand on his knee and snuggled more into his chest lovingly.
    Gabe smiled and took a deep breath. I wondered what could possibly be happening in his brain. After what felt like eternity he started talking. "You know I love you more than anything. You're  the reason I haven't done anything stupid in forever. You're my sanity. You keep me from hurting people or myself. You showed me kindness from the simplest of acts that I had never before seen. Not to mention you are probably the hottest thing to walk the face of this planet and I've seen them all trust me. What I'm trying to say is you're perfect. I love you so damn much that it hurts sometimes. I fear for you everyday because of our position. And that's just one more reason that I want this. A hunter's life is short. Hell, in our situation and angel's life could be short but I would never forgive myself if I lost you for even a second of that short time." He stopped playing with my hand which I had been doing for the entire speech. He paused struggling for a way to say his next piece but I didn't care. I was already on the edge of tears. I smiled and decided to sit up and speak while he thought.
    "I feel the exact same way Gabriel. You're the reason that I wake up in the morning. If I could have one moment to last forever it would be the moment I have every morning when I wake up next to you. I always feel safe around you and I promise I would never even think about leaving for a second. I love you." I was over the edge a few tears ran down my face.
    "That makes this so much easier. Now I know you're a hopeless romantic so I'm not proposing until I make it so that you have a story to tell our future grandchildren because I know that would make you happy and that is my one goal in life but in the mean time. Would you wear this ring as a promise that a ring from me is the only ring that will replace this one. And I'm the only one you'll spend your life with?" He asked pulling out a deep blue box with a simple silver ring with an eternity sign on top. I couldn't even get words through my vocal cords vigorous nodding was the only reaction I could still function enough to give. A massive smile appeared on my face as he released the breath he was holding and kissed me. It was perfect. It was urgent yet slow. Hasty but romantic. A little sloppy but so pure. Like every antonym in the book agreed for us to have this one flawless moment.
    Until a sudden knock on the window scared the both of us and cause me to land in his stomach.
    "So when's the wedding?" Sam asked hopping in the passenger seat.
    "June Twelfth Two thousand  and Twenty six." Dean answered for us.
    "One thats ten years from now and two its a promise ring you dorks" I corrected laughing.
    "If I give you a ring can you promise me you'll get married ten years from now"
    "Fight me Tiger" I stuck my tongue out at him.  He laughed and we began the last five hours of our drive.
    A few hours of classic rock and a lot of teasing later we arrived in the small town of Akron, Ohio. Everything seemed perfect. We had found Cas. We were safe. We were happy. We were so close to being together again. So, so close.