27: symptoms

100 votes/comments for new chapter!

Lacy

Being in Alexandria almost made me forgot how difficult surviving in the real world was. There is no food to eat whenever you're hungry, there are no walls to keep walkers out, there is no home to go back to at the end of the day..

The ambush at the camp I was at was about four days ago, and I've been wandering around aimlessly looking for the friends I know I'll never find.

I sighed, feeling my stomach growl. The bag on my back was becoming lighter each day, and when I opened it there were no more food cans left.

"Fuck." I Whispered, tossing the bag back behind me over my shoulders, pushing the sweaty strands of loose hair away from my eyes

"Here." Carl said, tossing a can at me

"I don't want your food." I mumbled

"Well, you need it. I don't need to have you passing out on the side of the road wasting my time."

I scoffed, "Then why don't you just go!"

The arguing between me and Carl was nonstop throughout the last four days and it was making the both of us even more irritable besides the scorching heat.

He laughed, rolling his eyes, "Eat the damn pineapples."

I stared down at the canned pineapples in my hand, rolling the can around my palm for a moment.

I looked ahead, as he walked a little ways in front of me, "I don't want it."

He ignored me, making me even more angry. I threw the can, hitting him square in the back as he stumbled forward, stopping in his tracks.

"What the fuck!" He yelled, swinging around

"I said I didn't want them!!" I yelled back

"Fine! Don't fucking eat them then!" He scooped up the can, shoving it back in his bag and returned to walking down the dirt road muttering, "Bitch."

I couldn't stop the rush of tears from pushing against my eyes, "Carl, I said I was sorry why do you have to be so mean to me all the time!"

"Lacy just get over yourself." He said

"Help!" A voice screamed to the left through the forest

We stopped walking, and made slight eye contact, before I ran towards it.

"Lacy! Stop." Carl hissed taking off after me

Tree branches whipped against my face as I recognized the voice it was coming from, but not remembering where I heard it.

The screams got louder as I approached a clearing, a boy was fighting off a group of about 7 walkers.

"Miles." I breathed, pulling out my gun

I shot one in the head and Miles swung around, eyes wide, staring at me, and gave me a nod of gratitude. He knifed another one and I shot again, hitting its neck as it stumbled, a bullet whizzing past me entering its skull gracefully dropping it to ground.