Chapter 10

Ahsoka leaned against her bed and watched Ventress. Ventress was sitting on Ahsoka's storage unit with her legs crossed and her eyes closed. From a distance she looked almost bored, but Ahsoka could see that she was ready for anything. "You're staring." Ventress spoke without opening her eyes. Ahoska blinked, then looked up at the ceiling and grinned. "You know, whenever I hear your voice, for a moment I forget everything that's happened. I can almost see my master walking through the door and grinning at me." Ahsoka looked down at the ground and Ventress opened her eyes. She looked at Ahsoka and her eyes narrowed slightly. She made a flicking motion with her finger, and Ahsoka's communicator slid onto the floor with a clatter. Ahsoka jumped, and she glared at Ventress. "What did you do that for?!" Ventress shrugged. "You weren't paying attention." Ahsoka opened her mouth, but the door beeped before she could respond.

Ahsoka waved the door open, and Han, Leia, and Luke walked in, with R2 rolling behind them. Ahsoka stood up, and Ventress unfolded her legs and slid to the floor. Han and Leia looked at Ventress curiously. "So you're the intruder?" Han grinned slightly. "I have to say I was expecting someone more... storm trooper-y." Leia looked at Han, and he spread his hands wide. "What? It's true! She's much curvier!" Ahsoka choked, and Leia's eyes widened in shock as Ventress laughed. "Well, I have to say that's a better reception then I was expecting." Ventress walked forward and crossed her arms. "I'm Ventress. I've seen Ahsoka fight, and if she's willing to work with you, then I don't see any reason why I shouldn't." Han looked at Ahsoka, and Ahsoka nodded. "If you want to be properly trained, then you need to have people who work and fight with different styles training you. Ventress and I use different styles, so we will be able to give you more options for working with the Force."

Leia opened her mouth, but Luke interrupted her. "Why should we trust you?" Ahsoka looked at Luke with a calm expression. "Because you asked me to stay. If you want me to stay and train you, then I am going to bring whatever and whoever I need to make the training better." Luke frowned. "We don't know enough about what happened during the Clone Wars. You could bring something here that would hurt us, or even destroy us." Leia looked at Luke with concern. "Luke, are you all right? You're acting strange." "Luke looked at her, then at Ahsoka and Ventress and shook his head. "I'm fine. Do what you want. Spetevge already listens to you." Without another word, he turned and walked out of the room. Leia stared after him in shock, then looked at Han. Han shrugged, and Leia shook her head then looked at Ventress. "If Ahsoka trusts you, then I'm glad to have you here. But if you do anything, then you'll have to leave." Leia went to follow Luke, and Han looked at Ventress then went with Leia as well.

Ventress looked over at Ahsoka with a calculating expression. "That was an interesting experience." Ahsoka nodded and looked at R2. "Skywalkers are never dull." R2 trilled in agreement, and Ahsoka walked to the doorway. "Do you want to meet Spetevge?" Ventress shrugged and walked out of the room. "Why not? I'm going to train her after all." Ahsoka walked down the hall with Ventress, and R2 rolled alongside them. Ahsoka knocked on Spetevge's door, and a small "Come in." came from inside. The door slid open, and Ahsoka stepped into the room. "Spetevge, I found the intruder. Do you want to meet her?" Spetevge looked up from her seat on the head of the bed and nodded. Ahsoka looked back at Ventress and waved her in, and Ventress quietly came into the room. When she saw Spetevge she stopped and blinked before leaning against the doorframe. "Well, you're definitely the smallest Wookie I've ever met, and the first one with white fur." Spetevge looked up at Ventress and blinked her deep black eyes slowly. "You're deep. You've felt a lot of pain, but you're strong as well. But you also try not to feel, because you're scared you'll lose again." Spetevge smiled and slid off the bed. "I like you." She walked over to Ventress and held out her paw, and Ventress shook it with an amused expression. "I think training you is going to be a very interesting experience young one." Ahsoka watched Ventress sit down on the floor with Spetevge and smiled slightly. "Master, can you believe this? The Jedi aren't defeated. We'll find other younglings, and we'll bring them here. We'll train them, and we'll rebuild the Jedi Order. Even Ventress is here, and she wants to stay." "Ahsoka." Ahsoka looked at Ventress,, who had stood up again. "Why don't you show me where I'll be staying. Spetevge is trying to meditate." Ahsoka nodded, and she and Ventress left the room with R2 and started walking down the hallway. "I wish you were here as well Skyguy."

Ahsoka turned the corner and stopped just short of bumping into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry- Ahsoka!" The speaker was Petro, the young pilot. Ahsoka looked at him and frowned. "Aren't you supposed to be helping with repairs in the hanger?" Petro jumped and nodded. "Yeah, I'm actually going to grab a tool from my room. We're running low on a exhaust vents, so I'm going to go visit a friend who should be able to help." Petro stepped around Ahsoka and glanced at Ventress before continuing down the hallway. Ventress looked at Ahsoka, and Ahsoka shrugged. "He's unusual." Ventress nodded slightly. "He definitely is." Ahsoka paused, then continued down the hallway before opening a door halfway down it. "This is our only open room right now, that attack damaged the west wing." "It will be fine." Ventress walked into the room and looked around before looking back at Ahsoka. "I'm going to rest now." She closed the door, and Ahsoka blinked and looked down at R2. "Do you understand what just happened Artooie?" R2 whistled quizzically, and Ahsoka nodded in agreement. "Neither did I." She started walking back to the computer lab, and R2 rolled along beside her. "I hope tomorrow's training goes better than today's." R2 whistled agreement, and Ahsoka laughed. "At least I know you'll still like me at the end."