1: Incipient

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

Natsu's POV

"...thank you." Were the final words that I emitted into the microphone. I proudly made my way down the aisle as everyone cheered and clapped. I was on top of the world, and I was elated that my speech came out the way I imagined it. 

My high school graduation ceremony soon came to an end, shortly afterwards. It was a bitter sweet moment for me; I was finally leaving my final years of adolescence and moving forward .

"Call me sometime!" My friend Lisanna winked at me, "We can go celebrate at a club later or something."

A few other girls had come to me and given me their numbers, which I politely accepted.

"I'm very proud of you." My old man congratulated me, as we met up at the bottom steps of the Ferez high school.

A stripper, an iron freak, and Jellal walked towards us. "Congrats on being valedictorian!" Gray gave me a fist bump.

"Thanks man."

"Natsu." My father cleared his throat, "I booked a cabin for us in a ski resort for a week." He glanced at my friends and smiled, "You can bring some friends along if you would like."

"Dad, you shouldn't have-," A feeling of guilt quickly washed over me, but before I could change his mind he cut me off. 

He shook his head and smiled , "No, it's fine. It's only a small reward anyways."

I turned to everyone, "You guys in?"

"Hell yeah!" Gajeel roared, with Jellal nodding along.

"It's going to be cool!" Gray yelled.

In the end, Gray, Jellal, and Gajeel agreed to tag along.

xXx

"Let's go sleddding first!" Jellal exlaimed. We all agreed and after leaving our luggage at the resort we left to go sledding. My father stayed behind, insisting he wanted to enjoy the warmth of the fireplace.

"So what do you guys plan on becoming?" Gajeel asked as he carried his board in one hand.

I shrugged, "I'm not sure yet. I'll figure it out soon enough though." I wrapped my white scarf around my neck, since the cold air kept hitting my face and body.

"Me neither." Jellal said and placed his red beanie on his slighly damp hair.

"I want to be a producer, or something that involves the media." Gray proudly stated, making us chuckle.

"What about you metal freak?" Gray asked.

"I think I'll pursue my dream of becoming a singer. That's the only thing I'm good at anyways." Over the course of four years, Gajeel had to go to rehab to control his problem of substance abuse. He was the ultimate delinquent at the start of high school. I never imagined being friends with someone like him; we were two different people working on different paths. But, the more I got to know him, the closer we got. A year later, he decided it was time to get serious. He tried to quit is old ways, and one of the things that helped him through the ordeal: was singing. 

"Aren't you cold?" Jellal asked. He shivered as he stared at Gray who looked like a lunatic since he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Nah, this is nothing." That bastard kept repeating, "I'm used to this. It's like my natural habitat."

"Let's go over there!" Gajeel pointed towards a large hill. "There's an ocean on the other side."

"How is it not crowded? There's no one there." Gray noticed, it was nearly empty and the only people I could see were camping at the bottom.