Chapter 15

*CATS POV*

The next morning I woke up and decided to go check on ky. She was sleeping all night and I figured I could go see if she was hungry or something. I grabbed a glass of water and take it upstairs. I open the door and see ky. I walk over to the bed and shake her arm. "Ky. Ky" I say and stop shaking her arm. "Ky?" I asks. She didn't move. I dropped the glass and it shattered on the floor putting water and broken glass everywhere. I scream for help and everyone comes running in. "Cat" "what's wrong" "is everything okay" they all asks but I could hear them. The only thing I could hear were my thought screaming at me. She's dead. She's gone. I've lost everyone. I burst into tears and 10k hugs me. I shake my head again and again. Refusing to accept it. "No. NO" I Yell. They all look at em sadly. "Cat...I'm sorry" doc says and I shake my head again. "Why?" I ask myself. Her lifeless body laying there. Still pale and cold. I look at her and try to stop crying but I just couldn't. She gone. We lost our parent and now we lost eachother. Forever this time. Just when things were gonna start to be okay. It comes crashing down again. All I could ask myself is why.
**********
The team drove 10k and I back to Nevada. We wanted to bury ky in the cemetery down the road from our house. She always said that's where she wanted to be buried so that she could be close to home. The team all helped us and we had a funeral for her and everything. I still couldn't stop crying but I knew that she was finally happy.

10k and I have been staying at me and kys old house. I went to kys grave everyday to talk to her. It's been about a month since she died and the zombies were gone. Things were going back to normal. Right now, I was on my way to her grave with big news.

I sit down in front of where we buried her. We used a big rock as her headstone. A tear falls down my face and I smile.

"So, uh, 10k told me the promise he made to you. I was mad at him for not telling me but I knew you wouldn't want him to tell me. I have big news though. I'm sure you would be happy to know..." I drag on but a tear falls down my cheek.

"I'm pregnant"