Chapter 9

everything felt normal again.

Ky and I wanted to do something that felt right for once. Ky goes out and kicks on the power generator while I pick out some movies. I remember my bag. A few states back I grabbed finding nemo two. It had just came out when the Z'S came. When I saw it I immediately took it even though I knew I would probably not be able to watch it but now I can. With my sister too.

"You got the power on?" I ask ky as she walks back in. She nods and I turn the TV on. And we cheer. I hand her the movie and she grabs it. "Whatcha got?" She asks and reads the title. "No way" she says. She smiles and looks at me. "No fucking way" she says again. "Cat...I love you" she says and I laugh. She laughs to and hand me the movie again. I put it in the DVR and we sit on the couch and watch it. It was great. It made me completely forget that death even existed. I was happy again for once in this cruel world.

When the movie was over ky and I talked until I remembered. The team. I was supposed to meet them. "CAT?" We hear from outside. Ky and I go out there and see the truck. "OVER HERE" I yell to them. They drive up and park in the drive way. 10k jumps out and hugs me. "I thought something happened. We looked everywhere for you." He pulls away and I kiss him. "I'm okay" I reassure him. He looks over at ky and looks back at me confused.

I laugh and walk him over. "10k...this is my twin sister ky" I say and she smiles. "So your the guy she's been talking about? Not gonna lie, your hot." She says and I look at her angrily. She just laughs and shakes his hand. "It's nice to meet you too" he says and the team and all of us talk for a little bit. Introducing her to everyone. They tell us they got supplies and they were planning on leaving soon. "Wait...your leaving?" Ky asks. I completely forgot. Ky said she was gonna live here.i promised 10k that I would help them get Murphy to California. What am I gonna do?

10k looks at me and so does ky. I can't just leave them. "Ky...come with us. You can help us get Murphy to California and then we can come back here. 10k can stay with us and we can be happy." I say and smile. "Cat...I haven't been happy in a long time. How do you know that we'll all make it back? How do you know that everything will be okay?" Ky asks me. "Trust. Faith. I know it will. Believe me. Please" I ask and she looks down. "Cat, I don't think like you. I know you see the good side of things. I don't. That's what I envied about you. So...if you really think it's gonna be okay...i guess I help" she says and I smile. We talk to the everyone else and get everything sorted out.

Ky then walks back in the house I look at her confused. "What are you doing?" I ask and she looks at me. "I m grabing a few pairs of clothes" she says. I follow her ans we each got to our room and grab a bag of clothes. Ky turns off the power and we leave.

Ky, k, and I all sit in the back of the truck and talk. "So...how did you survive then?" 10k asks ky. "I have absolutely no idea. All I member is waking up and...everyone was dead. Cat was gone, the Z'S were gone...I was alone. And I had this" she says and rolls up her shirt to show her stomach. Marks. Bite marks. They were scars by now but still. "Ky...are those bite marks?" I ask. "I guess. When I woke up they they were already healing. I had to have been out for a while" she says and I look at 10k. "You know, Murphy has bites just like those all over him." He says.

We talk for a little while longer about the mission to California. After a few hours we reach the border. "NOT LONG NOW" Warren yells. We cheer and continue to talk. Once we got deeper into California we started to see more and more zombies. Still not a lot but more then we saw in the last state. "Surprised they aren't heading south for the winter" ky says sarcastically. "They don't like cold" 10k says seriously. We laugh and nod. "We know" ky states amd laugh a little bit more. K tells us about how ma y more zombies he's got left and everything about him. I zone or sheet a minute. Thinking about mom again. I just can't help but think...

Its all my fault