Chapter 2

The next few hours were pretty quite. It gave me time to think. I used to love it but now, honestly, it's torture. I start to over think and remember everything.

My family, friends, school. I try not to think about it but I can't control the memories. Especially my family. I don't even want to talk about it. Anyway, it was getting dark and we were all getting tired so we stopped at an abandoned motel for the night.

There was only 5 room that we were able to sleep in. "Alright I guess we're gonna have to share some. Let's go me and Charlie. Mack and Addie. 10k and cat and then Murphy." Warren says and we all choose the rooms. Why couldn't some one else and 10k share a room? I kinda wanted to stay as far away from 19k as possible and this isn't helping. I just don't want to get attached and become friends or anything. He seems pretty cool though and that isn't helping at all. We stand out side the door ready making sure there are no zombies. He holds his right up and I open the door. Nothing. We look around and we figure it was safe. He puts down his rifle on the table. "Alright you take the bed I'll take the couch" I say and toss my gun on the couch and walk over to it.

"What? No. You take the bed. Ladies first." He says and steps away from the bed. "No it's fine. I can deal on the couch it's not a big deal." I state. "No no no. I insist" he say and lays on the couch before I had a chance. He just doesn't take no for an answer. He sits up and smiles. "Alright how about we both share it." I say and he raises his eyebrows surprised.

"Nothing bad to happen. Just for the night" I say and he nods. "Seems fair" he says and smiles again. I grab my rifle and set it down on the side table. "I'll take first watch. You go to sleep" he says. I just nod cause I figure he wouldn't take no for an answer. I fall asleep.

*DREAM*
"H-hi 10k" I say nervously. "Hi cat" he says and smiles. I look down and I was wearing a blue dress with lace sleeves.
When I look back up 10k was in a tux smiling back at me and the once run down motel room was now a restaurant. A beautiful restaurant. I haven't been in a rearrange like this is a LONG time. I smile and k (short for 10k) pulls out my chair. I sit down and he pushes it back in. Once he walks back to his chair and sits down, he speaks. "So. How do you like the restaurant? It's not too much is it?" He asks. "No no no. It's amazing. I think it's sweet that you did this. It's been a while since someone has done something like this for me." I state and smile. He smiles back again and looks down. We talk and eat and everything was perfect. Suddenly fear runs through my body. Zombies. A lot of them. Crashing through the window and coming straight for us. Ignoring everyone else. They grab 10k and drag him away. "NO. K. PLEASE" I yells but j couldn't move. He was taking for help but i couldn't do anything. I couldn't save him. Suddenly all the zombies pulled away. 10k stands up and I look at him in horror.

He was a zombie. He slowly walks towards me but the other Z's just stand there watching. My rifle appears in my hand and I look it up and down. No please no. I don't want to go through this again. "10k please" I say slowly backing away. He just hisses and continues to walk towards me. Tears fall down my face as I hesitate to hold my rifle up. "I'm sorry k. I'm so sorry" I say and aim the gun at his head. "10k. I give you mercy" I say and pull the trigger. The loud boom of the gun drowned out everything else and I fall to the grown crying. The Z's were gone and the restaurant was turned back into the old motel room.

My clothes were back to being the black jeans and dark red tank top. I look down a d there was 10k in my arms. Except he wasn't a zombie. It was just 10k. Dead 10k. Tears continue to fall down my face and I couldn't stop. "No. Please. Please wake up" I whisper and hold his head in my lap. Tears steaming down my cheeks. "Not again. Not again" I cry and he laid in my lap.

"CAT!" I hear and my eyes shoot open. Tears still streaming down my face. There was 10k...alive. it's was a dream. Just a dream. I sit up and quickly wipe my eyes still breathing heavily. "It's okay, it was just a dream" he says and holds me. "It was just a dream" he repeats as I lay there crying in his arms.