Gold Palm Trees - |Chapter 4|

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry-"

"Shut your ass up," Donovan snapped at her as we walked by her.

She followed behind us and Constance pulled out a small baggie of coke and set it on the table.

Meisha rushed by me and sat on the floor. She emptied it out and separated it into four lines. She grabbed the straw that Constance had in her hand and snorted the whole line in a matter of seconds. It wasn't the first time she's done this. There were times where she would do it twice a day. When she was done, she threw her head back and closed her eyes, letting the effect take over her.

She started rolling her body as if she was trying to dance on someone.

"I'll go next," I said, taking a straw.

I snorted the line and sat back. I instantly started to feel lightheaded, but refreshed.

I didn't know what it was, but I felt energized.

"How do you feel?" Constance asked.

"Good," I smiled.

I lazily looked at Donovan. He was too busy shooting up to look at me. He took the needle out and and shut his eyes.

I looked at Meisha who was laughing and rolling on the floor. She was talking to herself loudly.

Constance was drinking straight whiskey from the bottle and no chaser. She downed half of the bottle and snorted her own line of coke.

There were no more lines left. There were only tiny specks of coke on the table.

"Damn, y'all didn't save me none?" Nasir asked with a sad look.

"No, you have to be quicker than that," Meisha laughed as she continued rolling on the floor like a maniac.

"Bitch asses," he mumbled, throwing the empty syringe to the other side of the living room, almost breaking it.

"Shut up and take a shot," Constance slurred as she shoved the whiskey bottle in his face.

He grabbed it with a mean look on his face and downed the rest of what was in the bottle. He wiped the his mouth and glanced at her in a daze.

She was upset, "I told you to take a shot, not the whole damn bottle. I can't share a-anything with you. You used up most of the dope and n-now you drank my alcohol. I should slap the fuck o-out of you."

Her words were slurred and she was angry at him. She didn't play around with her liquor or her drugs. She would fight someone for it. Once, she bashed someone's head into the ground because they tried stealing her alcohol.

He was still staring at her in a daze until he grabbed her face and smashed his lips against hers.

Liquid courage.

She returned the kiss with just as much force as they wrestled each other on the floor and she took off his shirt.

"I want t-to get in that," Meisha said sadly. I didn't notice when she stopped acting a fool when she was rolling on the floor.

She crawled over to them and laid on Nasir's shirtless back. She kissed it and he turned around, laying his lips on hers.

Constance was still laying on the floor and she peeked at me, "You want to join, Khadijah?" she smirked.

I shook my head, "No, I'm fine."

She shrugged and pulled Nasir and Meisha down to where she was at.