Chapter 2 - Challenge

Start from the beginning

Arriving at the 17th floor, I walked to to find her apartment number. Once I found it, I knocked on the door a few times and suddenly the door opened revealing Jean wearing a tank top with black shorts on. Her hair was up in a messy bun.

What a view.

"Argh!" She almost closed the door to my face, thank God my reflexes are good. I held her door with my right foot. She opened it again looking at me with her cold stare. She could freeze hell with that eyes.

"Hello Jean." I greeted her with a big smile.

"Where did you get my address?" She asked with a cold tone completely not welcoming me.

"I have my sources,  sweetheart."

"Go away." She said as she tried to close the door again.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, as much as you want me to go away, I can't and I won't." I smiled sweetly at her and she looked me with disgust.

"Do you want me to call the security?" She asked with an evil smirk.

"Try me." I smirked and she sighed.

"What do you want?" She raised her eyebrows as she leaned to the door waiting for me to tell her what I want.

"That's my girl" I walked inside her apartment without her permission, it's so neat. The classic interior that she has makes people who walks here feel comfortable. She must have lit up the candle because the smell of her apartment is so refreshing.

"I didn't ask you to come in." She stopped me by holding on to my suit. I turned to her and she looked at me coldly.

"Sweetheart, don't be so cold to me." I said as I walked inside dragging her with me. I plopped myself down on her sofa and looked at her as she sat across me. Her cold eyes never left me and she's crossing her arms in front of her chest. I'm loving the view here.

"What do you want, Blake?" She asked me straight calling my name. I'm glad that she knew my name now, she knew who is she facing with here.

"What's with the rush, sweetheart? We have so much time." I smirked and she shook her head.

"Don't call me that." She said as she pointed her finger at me.

"What do you want me to call you then? Babe? Darling? Princess?"

"I hate all of that, just call me Ms. Verodine." Her phone beeps and she took it. I can't help but study her face. She was scrunching her eyebrows as she read something on her phone and then she smiled widely.

This is the first time I see her smile genuinely and I love it. My body was reacting to her presence excitingly. Her messy bed head, her beautiful face, her fair skin and lastly her smile.

"Jean." I called and she seemed to forget that I was here. From her smiling face, she changed into cold again in a split second.

"Right.. now tell me what you want."

She can be a cold person in one second, then be a sweet person the next and then go back being cold another second. I might say that she's quite interesting to watch in a lot of ways.

"I want to offer you a deal. A really good deal with the both of us." I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"What deal?"

"Marry me." I said and her reaction to is was priceless. Her eyes widen like it was going to pop out from it's socket and she looked at me like I grow another head.

"Are you crazy?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Are you high?"

"No"

"Are you drunk?"

"No"

"Ah.. You must crazy then." She said and I looked at her with disbelief.

"I'm serious." I said looking at her seriously.

"Well the answer is no Mr. Coster, you may go." She said as she got up from her sofa. She gestured me to go out, she even pointed st the door.

"I'll pay you."

"I don't want your money, Blake Coster." I just love my name now.

"I'll give you a house."

"I have a house" She stated the obvious and she gestured her apartment.

"I'll give you a car."

"I have a car." She crossed her arms in front of chest stating the obvious again. I chuckled looking at her.

"I'll give you a jet."

"I don't need that."

"Why are you so difficult?" I asked a little bit frustrated.

"Excuse me?" She put her hands on her waist.

"Marry me for 3 months and then we can divorce, I need a wife to have my heritage and seal 5 big deals." I said straight to the point and she shook her head.

"Well, go and find another girl who is a gold digger. She will be excited to taste your money." Ah. Nice idea but no thanks, I want this beautiful woman in front of me.

I like to push her buttons and she looked hot with that cold stare.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but I choose you."

"You can take Nicole or Charlotte from yesterday" She said and shrugged.

"I don't like blondes." She looked at me shocked.

"Guys like blonde girls."

"Well I don't, Jean. Don't generalize me."

"Ms. Verodine for you." She snapped.

"Sweetheart, will you help me? I'll give anything you want" I said sweetly and she shook her head. She walked towards the kitchen and I got up following her.

"Why don't you find a bride that loves you and then you can live happily ever after with your heritage and that deal?" She said as she opened the fridge.

"I don't do love honey." I said as she opens her yoghurt and ate it with a spoon.

"Oh yeah, you sleep around." She said like she forgot about the fact. She laughed dryly at me as she scooped another bite of her yoghurt.

"That's correct honey. Do you want me to show you how talented I am?" She looked at me completely disgusted.

"Gross." She said in a high tone making me laugh. I already love my interaction with her.

"Marry Me for 3 months, Jean, and I'll give you anything you want."

"I want you to get out and never comeback. God will bless you." She said simply and I laughed hearing her statement.

"I chose you for a reason honey, so I will not give up until you say yes." I walked to her and kissed her cheek. She looked at me in horror but a blush appeared on her pale face and that made me chuckle inside. She quickly looked away to hide it.

"You won't get that answer." She said coldly.

"I will get it honey, what Blake wants, Blake always gets it." I smirked to her.

"Good luck with that."

"Will do babe." I stole a kiss from her lips and left her froze there. I walked out from her apartment.