Chapter 15 - Blake Miss Her

Jean Verodine

"A simple wedding?" Alexis looked at me disbelief.

"Yes." I nodded as I opened my Vogue magazine while eating my favourite chocolate bread.

"Jean, you will only get marry once. Why not have a glamourous wedding?" That statement made me turn to her and I sighed.

"It's a fake wedding, Lexy, he wants his inheritance and I want my safety. We.. complete each other." I said and continued reading my magazine.

"Being safe in his arms?" Lexy raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah." I nodded weakly and she suddenly snapped her finger to get my attention.

"Don't tell me that you're falling for him, Jean." That make me looked at her. I shook my head and went back to my reading.

"No, I'm already numb for love, last time I love someone it turned out .. like.. you know it." I can't even finish the sentence. Will gave me so much fear that.. it ruined my life.

"I know you've hunted badly in the past but you deserve love." Her words made me laugh. Love?

"Lexy, I don't want to hurt again. Besides, Blake likes to sleep around with other women and maybe before the 3 months he would've already gotten tired of me and then throw me away." I said trying to hypnotize myself in the process too.

"Jean, that's 3 months away, you'll never know what will happen." Lexy said as she looked at me seriously and I shook my head.

"I do like him but.. I don't think I will love him, Lexy. I'm done with love." I admitted my feelings to her and she nodded.

"Do you realize that whenever we talk about Blake, your face always lights up?" I shook my head and she chuckled.

"You like him more than you know it, Jean."

"Will showed himself to me in Miami." I said and her eyes widen.

"What?" She asked me.

"When Blake went to an Apple store, I walked out and I was planning to cross the street but he was there, Lexy. Looking at me with his cold eyes and I bet if Blake wasn't there.. I'm clearly dead."

"You still got nightmares?" She asked.

"Yeah.. until today but when in Miami, Blake caught me having one and he quickly comforted me."

"Did you tell him about your past?"

"No." I shook my head.

"You must tell him, Jean. Who knows? Maybe he could help you." I looked at her and shook my head.

"If I tell him, I know what his actions will be, Lexy, and I want Blake out of this. He doesn't have to know, I'm afraid that jerk will kill him."

"By deciding to marry him, you have already dragged him, Jean. Tell him, your wedding is in 6 days." Lexy held my hand and I shook my head.

"Lexy... I- I don't want Blake dragged into this , he- he has a long way in his life and I don't know about mine.. What if Will decides to kill me?"

"Don't say stupid things, Jean!" Lexy glared at me.

"He's William Merion, he can do anything. He even knew I was in Miami."

"Don't say stupid things like he will kill you, Jean!" Lexy bursted.

"I made a mistake in the past and I better face it." I looked at her and she shook her head.

"Listen to me, Lexy, whatever happens to me, don't tell Blake okay? I don't want to drag him to this, he deserves a life. Please.. promise me that." I said and looked at her seriously.

"Why are you saying this like you're going to be dead tomorrow? Don't scare me like that, you make this speech like today will be your last day!" She said coldly and I sighed.

"You and I both know that, Alexis Sierra."

"You have to tell Blake, Jean." Lexy said that again and I shook my head.

"Wanna get ice cream?" I changed the topic.

"You have an appointment to try on your wedding dress today."

"So?"

"We have to get there in 10 minutes." She rolled her eyes as she walked to the mirror to check her make-up. I stood  up from my bed and took my phone. There's a text from Blake.

What are you doing beautiful? Don't forget your wedding gown fitting your in 1.30

"What are you smiling about?" Lexy said and I hid my phone right away.

"Nothing." I walked away from her and walked out of my room in Blake's house. Walked down the stairs and made my way to my car. I sat on the driver seat to text Blake back.

I'm going, don't worry about it. Still working?

I replied and suddenly Blake called me, I picked it up.

"Hey baby." He said as I answered.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked wondering why he is calling me when he's working.

"You already going?" He asked.

"Not yet, waiting for Lexy. Is everything alright?" He never called me so I'm a little bit nervous.

"Yeah.. I'm just.." He stayed silent and I'm waiting for him tell me.

"You okay?"

"I just want to hear your voice." I chuckled hearing statement.

"When will you get home?"

"Around 6, why?"

"What food do you like?"

"Anything."

"Is pasta okay?"

"That'll be good."

"Okay then, see you-"

"Jean." He called again.

"Hmm?" He stayed silent.

"Blake, are you okay?"

"I miss you." My breath for hitch hearing it.

"Be home at 6, Blake." I hung up and suddenly Lexy got in. I turned to her with a really wide smile, she looked at me weirdly.

"What?" She asked as she flicked my forehead.

"Aww.." I groaned in pain.

"What was that for?" I glared at her.

"You just called Blake right?" She hissed.

"No."

"Liar!" She glared at me.

"What?"

"Let's go get the wedding dress, Jean, or you want to wear a night gown on your wedding day." She smirked and that made me start the car and drive to the wedding shop.