Chapter 14: Vincent

Yes! That's right guys! I am finally adding Vincent to the story! I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 14: Vincent

I ran like mad. Turning around the corner, I saw a wire fence. He was coming closer. I had to get away.

I ran back a few metres and sprinted as fast as I could in the direction of the fence. I was panting, sweating and amazingly tired. But I still found the energy to jump on the fence and hold on.

"You little rascal! You come back here now! NOW!!"

"No."

"What did you say?"

"I SAID NO!!"

I looked into his eyes as I answered. He was no longer a father to me. He showed me no love, no care.

I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"I'LL NEVER GO BACK TO YOU! NEVER!"

I jumped down from the fence, running as far away as I could. Hot tears were running down my face.

"YOU'LL REGRET THIS, SONNY BOY!"

That's the last thing I ever heard him say.

I continued to run. Around 15 minutes later, a building came into view. As I walked up to it, I heard an alarm go off.

"Please put your hands in the air and kneel down!"

I did as the voice said. Suddenly, out of no where, hundreds and hundreds of people came rushing out of the building. With guns. My eyes went wide with fear as they surrounded me. The last thing I remember was lots of people aiming guns at me like professionals before I felt a sharp pain in my head, and blacked out.

-------------

Later

-------------

I woke up in a room. It was painted black. I tried to stretch, but I was chained to a chair. 'Oh no,' I thought, 'What have I gotten myself into?'

The door opened and a man walked in.

"Hello. I am Agent Ivan. And you are?"

"U-u-umm, I-I'm uh, Vincent."

Was all I managed to stutter out. But it seemed the man wanted more than my name.

"Ok, Vincent, why are you here?"

"Umm, I don't know."

The man looked at me in the eye. He suddenly relaxed.

"Ok, you're telling the truth. That's good. Now, Vincent, do you know where you are?"

"I-I th-th-think I'm in R-Russia."

The man just rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I know we are in Russia, but I want to know what building we're in."

"I-I am s-sorry, b-but I'm not s-sure."

He leaned forward and looked me in the eyes. I could smell the expensive cologne that covered his body as he continued to stare.

He raised his finger and popped it into his ear.

"He's innocent, doesn't know a thing."

There was a pause as he listened to the conversation.

"Yes, I know. I gave him the serum and he doesn't know anything at all."

Another long silence came.

"Yes, I know, but I have a proposition. He could help us with Ivory, gain her trust. We could keep him here. He's so innocent, he won't know half the things going on. Think about it. Over and out."

He turned to look at me again, this time with soft eyes.

"Tell me, Vincent, why did you come over the fence?"

For some reason, I couldn't resist telling him what happened. My mouth flew open and revealed to him everything that happened.

He gave me a sad look.

"I'm sorry. But I have a proposition. Normally, we would, let's just say, dispose of any strangers who wandered into the area. But because of your timely entrance, you have been granted a choice. But before I tell you what you have to do, you have to accept. So, Vincent, is it a deal?"

I nodded my head straight away.

If only I knew it was the biggest mistake of my life.