Forest

~Tyler~
I woke up with a sharp pain on my arm. I looked over and remembered last night. I groaned and dropped my head back into my pillow. "Tyler Robert Joseph get your ass out of bed!" My mom yelled from the hallway. She's in a mood. It was probably Maddison or Zack. I groaned and got up. I didn't bother putting a shirt on. They all need washed anyways.

I stood in my door way and my mom looked at me. "What the hell are you doing just standing there? Get this filthy house cleaned up. We have people coming over for dinner" she told me causing me to be confused "whose coming over for dinner?" I asked puzzled from her statement. "I don't have time for stupid questions now get to work. You kids don't know how to clean up so I have to do all of the work" she hissed so I went down to the kitchen. I opened the fridge then I got a weird feeling.

You're not hungry Tyler. Get some coffee and do what your mother says.

I nodded and closed the fridge. I quickly drank some coffee before beginning to clean the kitchen. I started doing dishes and slowed down as I started to think.

"You are being slow. Don't you do anything other than pout in your room?" Jay grumbled literally pushing me out of my thoughts and into the wall. "Yeah. I uh-"
"You uh what Tyler? everyone else is working their asses off and you're over here doing nothing. Come on be useful for once Tyler" Maddison hissed while wiping off the counter. "Sorry" I whispered before running up to my room trying to withhold tears. I put my shoes and a shirt on before leaving the house as fast as I could.

I can't stay there while everyone is angry. I will just be insulted over and over. I just need to run. Except running doesn't let me escape from these demons. I seem to be everyone's problem. I don't know how to satisfy everyone and still satisfy myself. It just doesn't work.

I ran down a path through the forest and went down about a mile. I stopped at a small creek out of breath. I looked up and barely got a glimpse of the cloudy Columbus sky through the green treetops swaying above me. I let out a sigh then screamed "is there anybody out there!"

I waited for a reply. I need someone to help. There's gotta be somebody out there. I need these demons to leave me. There's no reply to my call for help. I stared at a stone laying on the moist dirt. I took a deep breath and jumped across the little creek. I wondered around the forest for a bit. I just got lost in my thoughts but also kept track of where I was going.

I didn't realize but I was in the forest for hours. I managed to find a road and of course the road is three miles from my house. I took a deep breath and slowly began jogging home.

I got home and my mom looked up. She let out a sigh of relief before hugging me. "Oh baby, please tell me where you are going before you leave" she told me. "I just went on a run to relive a little stress" I told her quietly so she nodded "ok. Well the new neighbors are coming over for dinner in an hour so go shower" she told me so I nodded before going up to my bathroom.

Drown Tyler.

I decided to ignore the voice this time. I don't want him in control while there are people here. I shook off the voice then dried my hair. I made myself presentable to anyone who might come over.

I walked downstairs and there was a dark haired boy standing next to a shorter blonde woman and a taller dark haired man with two girls and a boy with them. "Oh. This is my son Tyler. Tyler meet the Dun's. They just moved here from the other side of town. "H-hey" I said nervously holding out my hand to the boy. "H-hey my name is j-Josh" the boy replied probably just as nervous. I shook his hand then his parents' hands. "I'm Laura, these are my kids, Abby, Ashley, Josh and Jordan" the mom told my mom and I. "It's nice to meet all of you. Tyler why don't you show the others where your brothers and sister are while we chat in the living room" mom smiled so I nodded. Josh and his siblings followed me as I went to the backyard where our basket ball hoop was.

"H-hey. These are our new neighbors" I told my siblings "that's cool. What's your names?" Zack asked "I-I'm Josh a-and these are my sibling Abby, A-Ashley and J-Jordan" Josh stuttered nervously. "It's nice to meet you" Jay smiled then winked at the girls. "Knock it off Jay" Maddison hissed before dragging the girls to some chairs. She doesn't get to hang out around girls out side of school much. Zack and Jay quickly made friends with Jordan. Which leave Josh and I. "Uh. So d-do you want to go uh upstairs?" I asked Josh nervously so he nodded slightly.

I took him upstairs and we both say on my bed. I took a deep breath and begged that I would stop stuttering. "Uh, do y-you play s-sports?" Dammit Tyler! Josh smiled and looked around the room. "y-yeah. A little. Y-you?" He asked "yeah. Basketball" I sighed then looked at all the trophies that were on shelves around my room. He just smiled and we sat in silence for a second.

He will never like you. You're still friendless Tyler.