Unexplained

"You're an asshole that's what you truly are!"

"Listen, I'm sorry I never wanted for things to turn out this way. I didn't mean t-"

"See, Gabriel that's the problem, you never mean anything. It all just happens by accident does it not?" I asked glaring at him.

"I'm sorry, I'm a dumb ass and I know it." 

"Yeah, you are. I mean how could you sleep with me and then propose to a girl like her? She's the best thing you will ever get, yet you let your little man think for you. And to top it all of you left our son with one of your friends so you could go on a double date, are you fucking kidding me?"

"I just couldn't say no. I agree on everything she says I mean you did the same thin-" He stopped himself knowing I didn't like to talk about what had happened in the past.

"I don't care if you don't have enough backbone to say no, your son should come first and I think it's time you either accepted that or just walked out. This is not me you are playing with, this is your own flesh and blood. If you really want me to let you get involved, then start acting like you care. For Pete's sake you piss me off! I just want to strangle the shit out you. So hear me out Black, if you don't get your head out of your ass and act like a father, I will make sure you never see him again. Am I clear?"

He only nodded as he exited my apartment closing the door behind him.

**

"Mom?"  

"Yes Sebastian?" I asked looking down at him.

"How come you and dad are not married. I mean everyone else's parents are."

I took his hand and directed him to the nearest corner table in the small ice-cream parlor.

"Look, Sebastian I know that understanding all of what is going on is hard for you. And I understand your need of a stable home and I know that you will ask questions and I want you to ask them. I really do." I exhaled as I tried to come up with a way to explain things to him in the least complicated way possible.

"Listen Sebby, your father and I we both love you very much, and we love each other too, it's just not the same type of love certain parents have towards each other. You see, sometimes love is complicated and weird. And your father and I well-we love each other like friends but not as people in relationships do. Your father and I have a special friendship, and thanks to that, we get to share you."

"But I want you guys to be together like other parents! It's not fair, all of my friends have two parents why can't I?"

"But you do, Sebby. You have two parents who love you very much and would do anything in the world to make you happy. Sweetheart, you can't force people to be together, and you must know this now. I know it's sad, but sometimes so is life and we don't always get what we want. "

He looked down seemingly lost in his own thoughts.

"Can we go home now?" He asked in a low voice.

I sighed and nodded. 

I got up from the chair, pushed it in,and as I turned someone crashed into me. Their ice cream smashed across my chest and I let out a gasp.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there." A frantic voice said.

A napkin was handed to me, and I gratefully took it prying my silk shirt would not be ruined.

"It's alright, I should've been more careful." I said scrunching up the napkin.

"Adam." The stranger said as he extended his hand.

"Katherine." I said taking his hand.

"Well, thanks for the stain, I should get going before this turns awkward, excuse me." I said dragging Sebastian along.

"Cna i at least get your number?" I heard his ask from behind me. I paid no mind to him and kept walking.

***

I KNOW! Don't kill me....yet!

Wait till I finish this story at least!

Anyway, I will be hosting a Q&A next week so ask away. No restrictions!

Love Nikky!

*virtual hugs and kisses*

P.s. Have you guys seen the Girl on The Train, HOW WAS IT?

I may go see it...someday