22 || d u a l i t y

Start from the beginning

"I love you." Malia whispered, almost silently. "I love me too."

Malia laughed softly, shaking her head.

x

Malia looked up as she heard a light tapping at the window, her owl staring at her. Malia jumped up from the couch eagerly, startling Draco. She opened the window, the owl hopping in.

Malia pulled out the two letters in Athena's pouch, patting Athena on the head. Malia broke the seal on the first letter, recognising her father's handwriting. She unfolded the letter, reading the first word.

Dear Malia,

I hope you know that I miss you very much and I hope that your siblings are well. I am living in a cottage in Perth, heavily charmed and impenetrable. I would happily welcome Mrs Malfoy if that is what you request of me.

Yes, I would have liked to have known in person but that is simply impossible, so I'd like you to pass on a message to him. I would like you tell him that if he hurts my daughter, I will travel to wherever you are staying and make sure that he is in severe pain, and when he's begging for death, I might kill him, depending on how I feel on the day.

Owl Mrs Malfoy and inform her that she is to apparate to Romania first, then to the Philippines as apparating to Australia in one can be dangerous. Let her know I will meet her in the Perth City Centre on the 29th at noon, sharp.

Stay safe,

Perseus Stark

Malia smiled at her father's words, shaking her head at his 'message'. Malia walked over to Draco, who was sitting on the floor with Teddy and Theo, tapping him on the shoulder. "Draco." He looked up at her, looking at her expectantly.

"My father has a message and just to let you know, it's an empty threat- probably." Malia handed him the letter and he took it, examining it. She watched him as his eyes widened, biting his lip.

"I don't think that's an empty threat..." Draco trailed off, Theo tearing his attention away from Teddy and looking at Draco and Malia. "What is it?" Theo asked, snatching the letter out of Draco's hands.

Draco grunted in anger, rolling his eyes. "Daddy Stark is feisty, eh?" Theo remarked, Teddy looking at the three quizzically. "No kidding." Draco huffed, grabbing the letter from Theo. "Your mother wrote too but I haven't read it yet." Malia murmured before walking back to the window sill where Athena was perched.

Malia broke the seal and unfolded the letter, her eyes scanning the words.

Dear Malia Stark,

I am delighted to hear this news. You are the best thing for him and I hope he treats you well. I am glad that his friends and yourself have put aside differences and became friends. The last thing this war needs is petty fights.

I am overwhelmed by your kindness. I will be forever in your debt for this. Even after everything I've done, you still have a heart of gold. You know, that was always a quality of your mother's. She was the kindest woman I ever knew and I am more than pleased that this has been passed down to you.

I don't have much time so I do not have time to write further but please write back soon, I am close to being caught.