Chapter Three

Camila's P.O.V

"Mama, I go to doctors?" My daughter asked from the backseat.

"Yeah baby. We're gonna go see how tall you are!" I replied, quickly looking at her from my rear view mirror. She was dressed in her Jauregui' jersey, the number 10 on the front and back. It was game day. Lauren had flown off with the team leaving Savannah and I home to watch the game on our TV.

Savannah and I missed Lauren while she was gone. Savannah missed her mom and I missed my girlfriend. But, she was making a living and living out her dream which is something I wouldn't change for the world. Watching Lauren with her beautiful smile on her face every time she steps on the pitch fills my heart with joy.

The team was getting closer and closer to releasing the roster of players going to the Olympics this year and I wouldn't lie about being nervous. Part of me hopes Lauren is on that list and the other half wasn't; I was being selfish. I didn't want her to leave Savannah and I and go to another country for a couple of weeks. I didn't want to have to watch her shine through a TV screen. Savannah was just too little for us to go for the entire Olympics. Lauren and I did talk though and if her and the team made is to the final game, then Savannah, her parents, siblings, and I would fly to see the game and be there for their hopefully winning moment.

I pulled into the doctors office and glanced down at the clock on my dashboard. 11:25. Savannah and I had just five minutes to check in before our appointment. I hoped out of the front seat and opened up her door, unbuckling her and setting her down on the grown. I grabbed my purse that was sitting next to her car seat, grabbed her hand, and we were off to the doctors.

Right as we walked in the receptionist greeted us and told us the doctor would be with us shortly.

"Mama, I look at fish?" There was a fish tank in the corner of the waiting room, multiple kinds of fishing swimming about.

"Sure baby but don't touch the glass okay? You'll scare the fish." I let go of her hand and watched her pigtails bounce in the air as she ran across the room. There was only one other person in the waiting room, a teenager with his headphones in, eyes glued to his phone.

I chose to sit in the seat where I could keep an eye on Savannah and make sure she doesn't break anything. I pulled out my phone and sent Lauren a quick text.

Just got to the doctors office. You free to FaceTime us during her check up?

Right as I hit the send button I heard the receptionist call my daughters name.

"Anna baby, you can look at the fishes later the doctor is ready for us." She ran into my arms and I carried her into the office.

"Can I call mama?"

"Sure lets just get you settled first, okay?" I smiled at her and she nodded her head.

"Alright, if you could just have Savannah strip down to her underwear. The doctor will be in shortly." The receptionist said with a smile.

"Mommy I'm naked!" Savannah giggled as she shook her butt.

"And who taught you to shake your tush like that?" I asked her.

"Aunt Sophia." Sophia was my younger sister who Savannah adored.

"Wait till mama sees that. She might just have to pinch it!" I teased her, reaching my hand down to try and pinch her small behind. Savannah laughed loudly and ran to the corner of the room. "Let's call mama babe."

I walked back over to her and lifted her up onto the examination table. I handed her the phone as it was ringing, signaling that the phone was trying to reach Lauren.

"Hi mama!" Savannah shouted. I shushed her and rested my head on her shoulder. "Hi Lo."

"Hello my two beautiful girls." Lauren was in her warm up gear but no sweat means they haven't gone onto the field yet.

"I miss you!"

"I miss you more baby girl. Are you being good for mommy?" I felt Savannah nod and pulled her onto my lap.

"We just miss you a lot but we are just as excited to see you play tonight. Your parents are coming over and so is Sophia." I spoke softly, smiling as I saw my girlfriend's eyes lit up at the mention of her playing soccer.

"Jill was talking to me earlier and said I have a really good chance of making the roster!" Lauren spoke with excitement.

"That's amazing babe, we are so proud of you!"

There was a knock on the door the doctor peaked her head in. "You guys ready?" She asked.

"Yup I been eating my veggies!" Savannah said as the doctor walked in and placed her clipboard on the desk.

"I am very glad to hear that!" Doctor Kate was in her late fifties and has been the Jauregui's doctor since Lauren was a baby. We knew that there was no way Savannah would see anyone else.

We went through the appointment with ease. Lauren listening carefully, moving to another room so she could be in silence and listen to the doctor. She was very serious when it came to Savannah's health, freaking out at any sign of a cough or a drippy nose. She butted in with questions when she had them but other than that it was mostly a conversation between the doctor and I. Lauren had to end the call a couple minutes before we finished because she had to go out for warmups.

I put Savannah's clothes back on, scheduled her next appointment, and we were off.