“Danny! Danny, get your lazy butt up, right now!” Ugh, that voice.

5 minutes later.

Daniella Ivy! Get up now!” There goes that voice again.

15 minutes later.

“Daniella! If you’re not down here in the next 20 minutes, I swear I will call Mitch!” I groaned. Not Mitch. I reluctantly got up from my bed. Just a bit satisfied that I got to sleep but annoyed because it was only 4 hours. I trudged into the bathroom, striped my clothes and stepped into the shower, enjoying its warmth. But I couldn’t stay there forever so I stepped out and wrapped the towel around myself.

It was Saturday.

So that meant I had to shovel snow. Great. I couldn’t wait for the winter vacation to be over, and then I could go to school and not be bored out of my mind. I didn’t have many friends probably like 3 in all. I didn’t want to be popular anyways; I didn’t want to waste my energy to protect a fake reputation. I put on my snow pants and coat. Slipped on my boots and hat and gloves. I wrapped a scarf around my neck and walked into the kitchen. I wasn’t really hungry, so I started to walk out the door but stopped when I heard that voice again.

“Danny! Well finally you’re up! I need you to go to the store and get my things.” She said lighting a stick of tobacco.

Stupid human. I turned around slowly and looked at the round fat woman, curlers still in her hair and in a bathrobe. How is she a foster parent? She hates me. Mrs. Rugs. Weird name for a weird woman. Her husband Mitch is a violent weed smoker who looks like he drank some radioactive fluids.

“Um…no.” I said rolling my eyes. I wasn’t going to waste my gas and money to buy her Little Debbie cakes.

“What was that?” She said in a threatening tone, walking towards me. I didn’t feel like dealing with her so I turned around. But was greeted with a book in the back of my head. I yelped in pain and whipped around to glare at her smirking face. I wanted to snap her neck, but I knew I could never bring myself to kill someone, even when I had nothing to lose.

“Now, what was that?” she asked again, I gritted my teeth.

“Yes sir…I mean ma’am!” I snickered and ran out the back door. I decided she could wait for her cakes, I still had to shovel the drive way. I winced as I touched the bump forming in the back of my head. I walked towards the shed and I looked up and could see my window. I stood in the very spot the brown wolf had stood last night. I felt comforted by the thought of him. I opened the shed and searched of the shovel. I located it and began to walk out, but was tripped by a box and fell on my face. I groaned in pain as my head throbbed from the fall. I pulled myself up onto my knees and sighed. I looked at the box I tripped over and realized that I put that box there, all of my stuff from my childhood and my parents most valuable possesions. I put it away because my parent gave me most of the stuff and I didn’t need a constant reminder of their death. I stood up, grabbed the shovel, and walked out into the yard and started towards the driveway, when I heard whimpering. I turned and looked to the forest to see the brown wolf standing there.