Chapter 8: Rescue Mission

Lucy and the rest of the group had been walking for the past four hours and they were already starting to get tired. Wendy was lagging back so everyone decided to take a quick break to rest up their legs. 

"Gray? Why are we walking instead of riding a train?" Gray looked up at Lucy from his food, 

"Because the trains don't go that far out and Wendy and Gajeel have horrible motion sickness and wouldn't be able to fend off an attack if someone were to attack us on the train." Lucy nodded her  head in understanding and continued eating her apple. 

"Do you guys think that Natsu is ok?" Happy flew over to Lucy and gave her a hug, 

"Natsu's the strongest person I know. Even more powerful than the strongest mage in the guild, Gildarts. Because he protects his friends and never gives up. That's what makes him so special, and why I stick by his side no matter what." Happy smiled brightly and Lucy couldn't help but smile with him. 

"Thanks for making me feel better Happy." Happy nodded and flew over to sit with Carla and Lily again. Lucy sat there thinking of what everyone in the castle thought of her note, would they freak out, send a search party for her, or would they let her go?"

Everyone at the palace...

You have all been so good to me in the days that I've been in the castle. And I thank you for that, but now I have something really important that I need to take care of before I can come home again. I don't know how long I will be gone or if I will ever come back. That is why I'm writing this note...because I know that you all would have tried so hard to keep me at the castle. But I need you to understand: I'm going to a distant kingdom to save a dragon from his master. And I will become a member of the Fairy Tail guild. I know that they don't use magic anymore but I want to pretend that they do. Some members are coming with me so don't worry about my safety. Gray and Gajeel are coming with me and they both say that they will protect me with their lives. Take care everyone...

Your princess, Lucy

Lucy smiled as she remembered what she called Natsu. That she was going to save a dragon from his master. She didn't want to give anything away because she was worried that someone would try to send a search party for her and try to bring her back to the castle without saving Natsu. 

"Lucy! It's time to go!" Lucy looked up and saw that everyone had packed up their things and were ready to head out. Going further and further from her kingdom and into new territory to save her friend. Lucy didn't really remember Natsu, but she knew that she needed him by her side and that they had been friends for a really long time. Lucy quickly packed up her things and ran after her friends. 

"Wait up guys!" Lucy laughed and ran after her new friends. These people, she never knew that she could be friends with such amazing people. Lucy stopped and looked around. She had never been outside the castle walls, and now...she could explore the world with Natsu and the rest of her friends. She knew that she would live a good life outside her royal duties. 

"No more castle. No more maids...I'm going to start a new life and explore the world." Lucy looked at her friends who were now waving for her to follow them. "I'm coming Natsu. And I'm going to return your memories...no matter what."

Lucy and the rest of the group are going to go through many hardships together, but will they be able to get to Natsu and what kind of people are they going to meet along their journey? Will Lucy be able to return Natsu's lost memories or will she have to make new ones with him?

The man looked down from his perch and saw his target. His master had told him that the person he was after was a very talented wizard and that the world knew her as Titania the Fairy Queen. 

"I will get you Fairy Queen. My master will have you and then our plan will be completed..." The man loaded a sleeping arrow on his bow and aimed it at the red haired mage's head, "Target locked..." The man smirked sourly, "Your mine..." He let his arrow lose, but before it could hit his target, a man with salmon pink hair caught the arrow right before it touched his intended target,

"Impossible!" The man loaded five arrows on his bow and fired them all at once, planning to hit both the Fairy Queen and the Salamander. Flames burst out of Salamander's hands and the arrows burnt to a crisp. He looked around for a second then landed on the man's face. The salmon pink haired mage sprinted toward the man at surprising speed and before the man could react, the mage had him by the shirt collar and was holding him up in the air, 

"Who are you?" His voice was surprisingly raspy and he looked like he was in a bad condition. He was sweating and bleeding in several places, "Tell me!" The man was terrified but answered carefully. He knew that he needed to tell the truth or this man would likely kill him, 

"M-my name is Romeo." The mage's eyebrows raised questioningly, 

"Who is your dad Romeo?" Romeo looked at the mage in confusion, 

"Um...Macao Conbolt." The mage slowly lowered Romeo to the ground and once he had his footing, the mage wrapped him in a big hug. Romeo felt awkward for a moment, but then...somehow he recognised this person, 

"Can you tell me your name?" the mage smiled and lopsided smile that brought up hundreds of memories, 

"My name's Natsu Dragneel." Romeo looked at Natsu in pure happiness, 

"Natsu...I thought you died..." Romeo hugged Natsu close and he laughed. Because he knew that his friend was alive. Natsu stood there for a second but coughed violently and collapsed on Romeo, 

"Natsu?! Are you ok!?" Romeo looked at Natsu and saw that he looked pretty tired, so he struggled to get himself and Natsu's unconscious body down the tree. But once he did, he decided that he would take him to the people on the road. When Romeo got to the road, there was nobody there.

"Crap. Where did they go?" Romeo looked around for a second but after a few second glances, he saw a girl with blond hair running up to him and Natsu. She had tears running down her face and she had a huge smile plastered on her face. When she made it up to Romeo he laid Natsu on the ground and the girl immediately put her head to his chest. After a few tense seconds, she sighed in relief and hugged Natsu's battered body.  Soon after, three mages and three exceeds walked out of the forest and confronted Romeo. 

"Who are you?" Romeo looked at the red haired mage and it seemed like he recognised her...

"Are you...Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Happy, Pantherlily, Gajeel Redfox, and Princess Lucy Heartfilia?" The names he called out seemed pretty familiar to the people and he smiled, "My name's Romeo Conbolt." Erza's eyes widened in shock and she bent down and hugged Romeo tight. 

"Your dad is going to be so happy to see that you're ok Romeo. We thought that that monster killed you. I'm so glad that you're ok..." Erza pulled away from Romeo and gave him a death glare, "But why did you try to kill me Romeo?!"