013 ➙ AT LAST

"When are you going to explain whatever happened to you?" Sam asked as he and Armina sat on his bed across from each other.

"I was waiting for you to ask that." She responded before giving him a smug grin. He sighed in response before raising a single eyebrow, motioning for her to continue. "You want the full story?"

"If you're up for telling it, then yeah." He nodded his head several times before watching as she raised her hand.

"This happened." Their attention fell to her fingertips, where typically a few sparks would form. But this time, as she placed her hands close together, electricity moved between them.

"My abilities were altered, made stronger." She explained, watching as the electricity sparked and flickered almost uncontrollably.

"By who?" He asked in concern as he leaned as close as he dared to get to get a better look. He knew what she was capable of with her abilities, but this, this wasn't close to what she could do prior.

"More like what. I was jumped, I don't remember much after it happening. Besides the fact that I would up from being knocked out cold in some hotel room." She explained as the electricity disappeared before watching as Sam's jaw clenched.

"If you would've-" She was quick to cut him off as she turned fully towards him.

"Don't start with that, Sam. If I would've or if I hadn't, it doesn't matter. These people were skilled, I was an assassin, and they still managed to knock me out cold. I could've killed them, but they had some sort of sedative." She rambled out, shaking her head in disbelief as she spoke.

They shared a look for several moments before Sam finally decided to speak up. "Hydra?"

"Or someone closely associated." She responded before allowing her teeth to sink into her bottom lip before releasing a short sigh. "Either way, they know what I'm capable of. Meaning, they came prepared. So they know of me, and have the ability to access all the files about me."

"A double agent, then." Sam explained carefully before she nodded in agreement with his statement.

"Most likely. All I know is that I really wanna find them and knock their damn teeth out for knocking me out." She grumbled out, making Sam give her a small smile.

"And there's the Armina I know." He leaned back against the bed as he watched her.

"Oh shut up, Wilson." She gave him an annoyed look as she folded her arms across her chest, laying back on the bed. She laid at the foot of the bed, staring tiredly at the ceiling of his room. Sam didn't exactly bother saying anything as all he did was stare in an admiring way, a small smile present on his lips.

"You're staring." She muttered as she tilted his head, facing him.

"Admiring." He corrected in a quiet voice, making her laugh.

"It's kind of creepy." She moved herself further up onto the bed so that she was lying next to him.

"For someone who's saying it's creepy, you're getting awful close there." He teased as she wrapped her arms around him before placed her head onto his chest. She ignored his comment as he put his arm around her before running his fingers through her hair. It fell quiet between the two, and Armina found it peaceful and soothing as she allowed her eyes to close.

"I missed you." She whispered once she found the courage to break the beautiful silence that was occurring between the two.

"I missed you too, Mina." He mumbled against her forehead prior to pressing a gentle kiss to it. And that was exactly how the two fell asleep that night.