003 ➙ CAUGHT INSIDE

"Wow, so this isn't anything new. Being on the run, I mean." Armina stated as she dug her palms into her jacket, which she had taken from Natasha. There was no way she was gonna be on the run in a mini skirt and tank top.

The three of them were walking through the mall together, hiding as well as they could while doing so.

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." Natasha informed.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." Steve stated, making Armina shake her head.

"That's what you get, grandpa." She gave him a sarcastic smile as they walked into a Mac store. Natasha was quick to find a computer.

"The drive has a level six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are."

"How much time do we have?" Steve asked as they all huddled together by the laptop.

"About nine minutes from," she paused as she plugged the flash drive into the laptop, "now."

Armina had zoned off as the two were trying to find out what was on the drive, keeping an eye out for anyone suspicious.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" An employee asked as he approached the three.

Luckily, Natasha was quick to cover as she laid a hand on Steve's shoulder while looking over it. "Oh, no. My fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations."

"Right, we're getting married." Steve smiled at the employee, who seemed to find interest.

"Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?"

At the employee's question, both Armina and Steve glanced at the computer. They could see that a signal had been traced to New Jersey.

"New Jersey." Steve stated as he turned back around to face the employee.

"Oh." The man nodded before he began to stare at Steve rather intently. Armina watched the two for a long moment, worrying as to what the man was thinking before he finally spoke up. "I have the exact same glasses."

Armina internally groaned as she stood on the opposite side of Natasha, watching as she typed away.

"Wow, you two are practically twins." The red-head said sarcastically from behind Steve.

  "Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron." He help up his ID that was on a lanyard around his neck, showing it to the three.

"Thank you." Steve spoke politely before turning around to face Natasha. "You said nine minutes, come on."

"Impatient, much?" Armina squinted as she stared at the blonde, arching a single brow.

"Got it." They looked back down at Natasha as she spoke. The signal was coming from Wheaton, New Jersey. "You know it?"

"I used to. Let's go." He pulled the flash drive out of the laptop quickly before they all walk out of the store. Armina kept her hale as hung low as she followed behind the two even though she knew they weren't after her. She was known to SHIELD once upon a time, but now, she wasn't one of their priorities.

"Standard tac-team. Two behind, two across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro." Steve informed the two girls. Armina could see the two in front of them that he was talking about.

"We could take them." She stated in a satisfied tone, pressing her lips together in a thin line.

"Shut up and put your arm around me, laugh at something I said. Armina, keep your head down." Natasha instructed. Armina did as she was told, while Steve looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"Do it!" Quickly, he wrapped his arm around her and laughs.

"You've gotten better at this." Armina spoke up once the two agents were passed them, allowing her to raise her head. They all got onto the escalator to go down, still watching for agents.

"Kiss me." Natasha said suddenly as she turned around, looking up at Steve. Armina watched with wide eyes for a moment before realizing exactly what the girl was doing.

"What?"

  "Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." Natasha stated.

"Yes, they do." Both Steve and Armina said simultaneously. Armina could see Rumlow getting close to them, and looked to the others frantically.

"I'll kiss one of you if you don't. Kind of a win-win." Armina waved a hand, glancing between the two of them.

She then watched as Natasha pulled down Steve's head before kissing him just as Rumlow passed. Armina put her head down as he looked away from the pair, clearly uncomfortable.

"You still uncomfortable?"

——

okay maybe Sam will be in the next one