007 ➙ SECRETS

Sam, Armina, Natasha, and Steve all ended up being taken into custody by HYDRA agents, much to their liking. The four of them were being escorted in a van. Sam and Natasha sat on one side, while Armina and Steve sat on the other. Two agents were in the back with them, keeping an eye on them.

 "It was him. He looked right at me and he didn't even know me." Steve said in a tone of disbelief, Armina glanced at him tiredly.

 "How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago." Sam said, making Armina's attention go to him as she raised a single brow.

 "And this man is ninety looking twenty." She responded as she raised a finger, pointing it at Steve.

 "Zola," Steve started, "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on 'em. Whatever he did, it helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him."

 "None of that's your fault, Steve." Natasha spoke up weakly, making Sam's attention go to her. 

 "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve responded, making Armina sigh.

 "Like Nat said, not your fault." As soon as Armina finished her sentence, Sam spoke up towards the guards with them.

 "We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." He said, nodding towards Natasha. Armina's eyes fell upon her wound, making her become slightly nervous before Sam's eyes met hers. "And her too."

 "I'm-" As she began to speak, one of the guards pulls out an electric rod, making everyone fall silent. Armina seemed to shrink back before putting her hands in the air, as if in defense. Suddenly, the guard neutralizes the other guard and knocks him out. 

 "Trust issues, much?" Armina breathed out before watching as the guard removed their helmet, revealing a brunette woman.

 "That thing was squeezing my brain." The others seemed to know her, leaving both Armina and Sam confused as she looked to Steve. "Who are these guys?"

 Before the vehicle they were in stopped, the girl, who Armina learned was Maria Hill, managed to burn a hole in the floorboard with a laser-like weapon. They all managed to get out through the hole just in time. And so when the truck was opened, the HYDRA agents were only left with an unconscious guard.

  Maria took the four to a secret facility, or at least that's what Armina assumed it was. She just followed along while helping Natasha walk. A man ran towards them, having a look at Natasha's wound.

 "GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Maria informed.

 "Maybe two." Sam interjected before looking at Armina. "She's injured too."

 "I'm fine, I can stitch it myself." Armina shook her head before looking at Natasha. "She's worse than I am."

 "Let me take her!" The doctor insisted.

 "She'll want to see him first." Maria stated, making Armina's brows furrow in clear confusion. They followed Maria into a room, pulling clear curtains out of the way so they could see clearly.

 "About damn time." The one an only Nick Fury said as he laid in a hospital bed, looking between all of them. They all stared back, confused as to how he was alive.

 Armina's eyes fell upon her best friend, seeing her wound was still bleeding. "Can we get her cleaned up?"

 This time, the Doctor took her and began treating her wound while Armina took a first aid kit. 

 "You should've let them clean it up." Sam said as he sat down beside her, watching closely as she used a pair of tweezers to remove the bullet.

 "I can do it." She grunted as she leaned back in her seat, raising the tweezers into the air, showing Sam that she had removed the bullet. "I lived on my own for a long time, I can take care of myself."

 "Not saying you can't, just worried." Sam defended as Armina placed the bullet in to a small container.

 "Don't worry about me then." She stated before using alcohol to clean the wound. 

 "Let me clean it." He spoke up as he watched her intently, making her look up at him. She stared at him silently for several moments. "Let me help you, okay?"

 "Okay." Her voice came out as a whisper as she turned in her seat, giving him a better angle at the wound. She then moved her leg, propping it onto the table that sat beside them.

 "Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache." She heard Fury speak up from a few feet away from them.

 "Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor that was treating Natasha spoke up.

 "Oh, lets not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good." He stated, making Armina snort.

 "You got the shit beat out of you." She spoke up, glancing away from Sam.

 "They cut you open, your heart stopped." Natasha looked over at Fury, clearly confused for the time being.

 "Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it." He explained.

 Armina let out a slight hiss as Sam stitched up her wound, making her grimace before he mumbled several apologies.

 "Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve asked as he stood near Fury's bed.

 "Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful." Maria explained, glancing towards everyone.

 "Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."