010 ➙ SAVING

"This is gonna hurt. There are no prisoners with HYDRA, just order. And order only comes through pain. You ready for yours?" Armina heard Rumlow speak as he knocked Sam onto the ground, making her curse underneath her breath.

"Man, shut the hell up." Sam retorted as Armina ran up behind Rumlow, jumping onto his back. She wrapped her thighs around his neck in attempt to choke him.

Unfortunately, he was quick to throw her off his shoulders onto the ground. "You don't know what you're getting into. A girl like you."

She snorted at his words as she was quick to get her feet back onto the ground. "Are you underestimating me? I suggest you don't."

She threw a punch at him, only to have it blocked. Quickly, she grabbed his fist, bending his arm backwards while throwing a punch at his stomach.

"I could break your arm, but you know." She whispered into his ear before kicking him in the middle of his stomach, making him stumble backwards.

"Sam, are you okay?" She yelled as she glanced over her shoulder, seeing that he was on his feet.

"We need to get out of here, the helicarriers are down, and they're coming for this building." She let out a shaky breath before she and Sam both began to run.

"You're out of your depth, kid." They heard Rumlow yell from behind them before a helicarrier collided with the side of the building, hitting him with it.

"Please tell me you got that chopper in the air!" Sam yelled as Armina ran alongside him after glancing over her shoulder.

"Sam, Armina, where are you?" Natasha came through the comms.

"41st floor, north-west corner." Sam yelled.

"We're on it, stay where you are." Natasha demanded, almost making Armina laugh.

"Not an option!" She and Sam yelled at the same time. Luckily, the two saw the chopper just in time as they ran alongside each other. Sam's arm found its way around Armina as she clutched onto the material of his shirt as they jumped out of the window and into the chopper just in time.

"41st floor! 41st!" Sam yelled as Armina let out a deep breath, her grip finally loosening on him.

"It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building!" Fury yelled from the front of the chopper before Sam's eyes fell on Armina.

"You okay?" He asked before she nodded slowly.

"Perfect." She sat up straight, leaning her back against him.

"Hill, where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?" She heard Natasha speak through the comms as she sat in the front of the chopper with Fury.

"Old man better be okay, I was starting to like him." Armina mumbled as she leaned her head back against Sam.

"He can hold his own." Sam spoke.

"I was told you could do that, and look what happened. I saved your ass." She responded sarcastically as she looked up at him, giving him a small smile.

"Hey, I had him. All things considered, I did save your ass. Least you could do is thank me." He gave a smile in return.

"I still saved your ass." She stated before letting out a breath as they found themselves closer to each other as time passed. Her arm found its way around his waist as her lips met his.

Seconds passed before the two finally pulled away from each other, sharing a happy look as they did so. Finally, Armina spoke up, making Sam let out a short laugh.

"It's about damn time. I thought I was gonna have to go without a kiss."