Chapter 8

Travis'. POV

I sighed as I watched Katelyn jump away from me and ho other to the bread oven and start fiddling.
I must admit I was disappointed at how the situation had turned out but in a way I didn't blame, I was probably coming in to strong again.
I shook my head clearing my thoughts and looked to my side at her bag.
Without thinking I reached into my pocket and pulled out Katelyns locket, I looked up at her quickly before returning my gaze to the small heart shaped locket I was holding before slipping it into the front pocket of her leather backpack.

I stood up after a few moments of deciding if I'd done that right thing or not and walked other to Katelyn who was fiddling with the sausages and the turkey she'd "accidentally" killed on the way here.

"Here... Let me..." I said sighing

She looked up at me before passing me the food and stepping to the side slightly, allowing me to sort it out.

After putting the good onto the sort of grill thing we'd made and put it other the fire, I turned to Katelyn and leaned against the wall next to the oven.

"Sorry if I came on too strongly earlier..." I muttered

She sighed before copying my actions and leaning against the wall on the other side of the oven, still facing me.

"Travis it wasn't a case of you coming on to strong, in fact it has nothing to do with you at all." She said, using her right hand to express herself with motions.

"Want to elaborate on the subject?" I asked a bit uneasily I must admit

She sighed before talking "its just been a really long time since I've had a relationship with someone that involved such... Things..." She said obviously struggling to find her words.

"I like you Katelyn, I hope that's obvious, but--"

"I know you do Travis, and that's the problem!" She exclaimed cutting me off midsentenence.

"Why is that a problem? Katelyn..." I asked not really knowing how I should feel.

"BECAUSE I THINK I LIKE YOU TOO BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT!..." She suddenly burst out.

The look on her face clearly said that she regretted saying that, and the silence that followed was a result of the outburst. It took me a moment for me to understand what she had just said and when it sunk in I can't deny that I was overjoyed. It took all my willpower not to show her how happy I was because she was clearly on edge about the words that had just left her mouth.

A few more moments had passed and still no change in the mood, i sighed shacking my head before I took a step towards, she visibly tensed at my advancements towards her but I ignored it and stood in front of her.
She looked up at me and her whole body was tense, so I did something I don't suppose she expected.

I bent down and gave her a hug.
She stayed still for a few seconds before she calmed down, i felt her muscles relax and her breathing slow.

After that it was my turn to be surprised.
When she responded by wrapping her arms around my torso.

I lost track of time and I honestly don't know how long we'd been standing there but after a while she let go and took a stall back.

She coughed quickly "Er... You.."

"I'll go get some fire wood" I said shooting her a quick smile and I reseived one in return.

I walked out of the doorway and out into the streets of the crumbling ruins to ho find some wood for the fire, deliberately leaving Katelyn alone so she could regain herself.