Chapter 13: Memory

LYANNA

Lyanna was looking at her reflection in the dirty mirror when two knocks on the door called her attention. For a fraction of seconds she smiled thinking it was her Lord Father but then reality hit her, he was dead. She saw it.

"Lady Lyanna."

Lyanna got up and faced the guards who had opened the door without permission. She was about to complain when Joffrey broke through the guards with a smile almost bigger than his face.

"My Lady, you look wonderful today." The blonde praised. "Take a walk with me."

Lyanna wanted to stab him with her dear dagger but she knew that she would be dead in two seconds if she tried. So she swallowed her pride and followed the King. Lyanna also knew that she didn't look beautiful at all, her hair was a mess of knots in a braid and her eyes were red and tired from all the crying. She had spent the night in Hope's cage, hugging her little cub like she did back in Winterfell. Her direwolf smelled like Lord Stark, she smelled like Robb and home.

A gasp let out her little mouth once her eyes land on the view in front of her. All the people she cared for were dead and their heads were on spikes.

"I want you to know that this was mercy." Joffrey said. "Letting you live was mercy. I know who you are, Lyanna. You are my sister by blood and we show mercy to family."

"Mercy?" Lyanna echoed.

"You belong with us now, we're your family." The King grabbed her tiny hands. "Those were evil people who took you from us, from me."

"What are you saying, Your Grace?" She was confused.

"Lord Stark had to pay for taking you from your family, Lyanna!" Joffrey grabbed her harder.

"Let me go, please. You are hurting me, Your Grace." Lyanna tried to free herself.

The King let go of her pale hands that had now red marks where he had touched her. He turned his back on her, looking to the heads of her loved ones.

"I won't let anyone take you from home again, My Lady." The King promised. "After I raise my armies and kill the traitor Robb Stark, the one you call brother, I'm going to put his head up there as well."

"Or maybe Robb will strike your head." It escaped from Lyanna's mouth.

Joffrey's head snapped at her, his eyes were full with nothing but anger.

"I am your King, you kissed my sword and swore loyalty to me." The King stepped closer to Lyanna.

She lifted her chin with pride, looking the King straight in the eye.

"And you promised to be merciful." Lyanna reminded. "You are no King of mine, you're a cruel boy and that is all you'll ever be."

Joffrey seemed nervous and angry. He looked behind her, to his guards, before turning his attention back to the black haired beauty.

"You will bow to me." The King grabbed her chin, marking her delicate skin. "And you will do as I said or there will be consequences."

JAIME

"Is it true?" Catelyn finally asked. "Lyanna?"

Jaime coughed with a laugh. "You want to know if your husband sacrificed his life for a lie?"

"Answer it before I lose my patience." She muttered.

"It's true, Lady Stark. She is my niece, she has my blood." He swallowed.