Chapter 10: She's still beautiful

CERSEI

Cersei felt naked, her secret exposed. A rush of memories took care of her and yet she kept impenetrable.

"Oh." Cersei sighed, her voice barely above a whisper. "Was the only good thing that came from my marriage with Robert. Was the first thing that I loved... truly. Before I gave birth, Robert would fuck every whore in King's Landing. He would hit me. It had been that way since my first born son had died. But those two days, he stayed."

"Then why did you abandoned your own child?" Ned was shocked.

"All that I felt for that little ball of black hair was love. It was not Robert's, or Jaime's. Was mine." The woman had tears stuck in her eyes. "But in the end, it was that drunk man's child. I wanted a boy, a green eyed boy with blonde hair. However, do not question the love I have for my children, Lord Stark."

Cersei remembered the last time someone had underestimated her love for her children, memories flowing around.

"I will slit her throat." Jaime muttered, dragging a finger across the woman's neck.

Cersei shoved him fiercely, and turned, his eyes burning. Jaime met with a small table as she held out her arm, not caring when her daring hand attacked her brother's face. Jaime facing the wall now, turning back in a moment, feeling his wounded lip.

"Dare, touch her -" Cersei began. "And I'll make you burn. "

"Lyanna is a danger to us, Cersei." Jaime urged. "She's one of them, she is a wolf. Gods, look at the name they gave her. She's not yours. So we can get rid of her like - "

"Lyanna's my daughter." She roared, ready to attack the face of her brother again but this time he was faster. "She's my daughter. Not Ned's, not Robert's, not your's. She's mine! She is my first born daughter. She's my lioness."

"You throwed her to a pack of wolves." Jaime remembered her. "You wanted to kill her but you did not have the courage and now you want to protect her? And all for what?"

Because I love her, Cersei muttered to herself, from the bottom of her heart, a dark and hidden place, a secret of the seven seas that no one dared to find.

"Lyanna didn't deserved this." Eddard said with hurt.

Cersei could see Ned's look of pity, for a few seconds, while her body tumbled with the pronunciation of that name. The Queen had been forced to marry a man who did not loved her, but a ghost. And to live a life that she did not deserve. However, that didn't stop him from doing what he believed was right.

"You are wrong." Cersei said, looking at him with disdain.

"I will not swear loyalty to Joffrey. The throne belongs by right to Lyanna by the laws of Gods and men." Ned admited.

"Don't do that to her." Cersei continued. "You could have taken the throne for yourself. You would have been a good King. Such a sad mistake."

"I've made many mistakes in my life." He smiled, shaking his head. "But that wasn't one of them."

"Oh, but it was." Cersei sighed. "When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There's no middle ground."

"Keep those games from the south, I do not want them." Eddard replied.

Cersei turned her back on him, starting to walk in the opposite direction, when his voice spoke once again. She turned back to Lord Stark.

"If Joffrey becomes King, that means going after everyone he considers an enemy. Am I right?" Eddard asked, making the woman stop.