(27)The Cherry-Sway

Start from the beginning

"Are you talking to Aurora or me?"

My mother gave him a playful slap on the shoulder and giggled. I rolled my eyes- I was definitely going to miss this.

Suddenly, I felt a pang of heartache. I wasn't ready for this. None of this. But I quickly sucked it up and ordered my body to stand up straighter. I'd make it out of this eventually, but for now, I had some business to take care of. "Don't wait up."

I turned to leave, but what my father said next made me come to a complete halt. "Remember to take a spare key; your mother and I won't hear you if you ring the bell. We'll be upstairs making love."

I paused.

My eyes were the size of plates.

Did he just...?

"E-excuse me?"

"It's been too long." My mom chipped in; "You understand right, honey?"

I didn't dare move a muscle. This was quite literally the most awkward moment of my entire life. Please kill me now.

"I know you're a virgin and all, but you'll get it some day...Ah! 'Get it some day'!" My father laughed along with my mother at her very, very inappropriate joke.

I slowly turned around, but instead of giving my parents the most incredulous look I could muster, all the confusion and embarrassment lifted from my body like a ball of smoke and was replaced with pure, raw anger.

There he stood.

He had his back against the fireplace and his black hood over his head. In his right hand he held a smaller version of his scary scythe, whilst toying with the sharp blade with his middle finger. Thanatos looked like the cat that caught the canary. Well, I'll be damned if I was anyone's canary.

I breathed in slowly, resisting the urge to yell. Thanatos just continued to eye me with a mischievous sparkle in his eye that peeked out from under his hood, and a smirk on his arrogant face.

Bastard.

I clenched my fists, forcing myself to remain calm; I had a plan remember. Stay calm, stay cool. Although, that was before he tried to skewer me with his fangs.

A small chuckled left his perfect mouth.

"Just a bit of fun, really..." His smooth accent filled the room.

Please let his cape catch fire, please let his cape catch fire, please let his cape catch fire...

"I believe you were on your way out, angel."

I glanced at my parents. My father and mother were staring blankly at the television. Apparently, a small thunderstorm expected on Friday evening was far more interesting than the Greek god of death and decay standing by our fireplace. I rolled my eyes and swiftly turned on my heel. I knew he would follow me; I'd rather have him annoy me than let him play with my parents.

I will admit, I was pretty relieved to see him standing there- at least my parents weren't about to discuss their sex-life with me anytime soon.

"Playing hard-to-get? Oh, I love it..." I heard him say as I grabbed the spare keys from the counter-top and casually made my way to the garage. The sound of boots tapping against the hard floor followed me to my car.

I unlocked my Audi and grabbed the door handle, pulling it open with more force than necessary. My anger was bubbling at the surface.

Three weeks of freedom from this maniac wasn't enough; not even slightly. Not that it even helped- I was so paranoid these past few weeks that I couldn't even take a proper shower. I think I might've broken a world record for the fastest dresser, or the fastest shower for that matter.