Chapter 4: The Date

The Date

Ethan and Harper stood in their living room, gazing at each other with admiration in their eyes. Both of them dressed in the outfits chosen by the other.

Ethan chose a strapless royal blue jumpsuit for Harper. She paired the outfit with gold heeled sandals, a gold clutch and a gold statement necklace around her neck. She didn't apply too much make up, wanting to go with a natural look. Her hair was tied up in a bun, loose strands of hair cupping her heart-shaped face. All in all, she looked so gorgeous that Ethan couldn't even divert his eyes away from her.

Harper chose a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt and a royal blue blazer for Ethan. His usually tousled hair was gelled back and his five o'clock shadow grew into a light beard. His all time favourite white converse covered his feet. He look dashing and Harper could only think of how lucky she was to call him hers.

Both of them were surprised to see their outfits matching even though they did not decide on a particular color. This had happened once or twice before, but that was before their marriage. Picking out outfits for each other for a date was one of their traditions and they enjoyed it.

Ethan cleared his throat and walked towards her, "You look gorgeous, baby," he kissed the back of her hand, keeping an eye on her as crimson coloured her face.

"You don't look too bad yourself," she mumbled, looping her arm with his.

"Lead the way, Milady," his posh accent managed to get a giggle out of her.

The both of them locked the front door and headed towards Ethan's car. Ethan pulled open the door for her and after she got in, he jogged over to get into the driver seat.

He backed out of their driveway and got onto the road. The whole drive to the restaurant, he held onto her hand and occasionally kissed it as the radio played soft beats in the background.

Ethan had made arrangements in one of Harper's favourite French restaurant named Le Bistro Mericourt. As they sat down at their table, Harper looked around in awe. She'd get the same reaction every time they would go there.

"We are going to start with an appetiser of Coquilles Saint-Jacques. And then, my entrée will be Blanquette de Veau and his will be Chicken Fricassee, along with a bottle of chilled 1999 Domaine Leroy Musigny," Ethan sat there and stared at Harper as she ranted off their order to the waiter.

It was what they usually had whenever they went there. After the waiter scribbled the order down and left, the two of them talked about random topics until their food arrived.

******

Their dates were never complete without a barefoot walk on the beach.
So, after leaving from the restaurant, they left their footwear in the car and headed towards the beach.

They walked towards the seashore, until the water reached their ankles. Relishing the feeling of the salty beach air, the two of them stayed rooted on their spots. Harper's head resting on his shoulder as his arm wound around her waist. Together they stood there and admired the setting sun.

After a while at the beach, they decided to head back seeing it was getting dark. They returned to the car and drove towards their house.

"Honey, how about we go for a swim?" Ethan questioned as they stepped in the house.

Harper thought for a moment before nodding her head and the both of them changed into their swimwear before heading for the pool.

Harper gasped loudly before taking a step back, crashing into Ethan's chest. Ethan wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck. She looked tempting in the black bikini. He knew that she wore it purposely; she knew how much he loved to see her in it. Harper turned around and looked at him, confusion and surprise painted all over her face.

"It's all for you. Thought I'd make this date a little more special," Ethan confessed.

Harper turned around once again to see a very romantic set up in their backyard. Scented candles were placed all around the pool rim. White and red rose petals were scattered all around their backyard and a bottle of wine was placed on the side table along with a box of chocolates.

While Harper was busy admiring the set up, Ethan bent down and picked her up, bridal style. Harper squeaked, her hands automatically going around his neck as he walked towards the pool.

They gazed into each other's eyes as Ethan descended in the pool and placed Harper down. Harper leaned towards Ethan and kissed his cheek before splashing him with water.

Ethan playfully growled before taking a step forward to catch her, but she moved back and began swimming around the pool, with Ethan following her.

After a while of playing around in the pool, they stood against the pool wall and sipped on some wine. They talked about their family and friends. They talked about their school days. They talked about the days that they've been together. In short, they re-lived a lot of their memories that day in the pool.

Ethan pressed a button on the remote and soft music started playing from the speakers that he had arranged in the backyard.

"May I have this dance," Ethan bowed down dramatically, and extended his hand.

"Sure," Harper smirked and placed her hand in his.

Ethan pulled her towards him and placed his hands on her waist. Harper's arms wound around his neck, as they swayed from side to side.

As Harper talked about her childhood days with such passion, Ethan stole kisses from her. He showered her face with kisses as she went on and on about the troubles she created when she was in her teenage years.

Harper secretly loved all of the pampering that she was receiving. She didn't want the date to end. She wanted to stay in his arms forever but she knew that was not possible. So without any further thought, she kissed him with everything she had. The steamy, hot kiss eventually led to something more...

And that night, the couple made love to each other in the confines of their bedroom. They went off to sleep in the early hours of dawn, tangled in each other's arms.