❉ twelve

Melanie Anderson

"Are you willing to let me escape if I tell you what..-"

"Everything, what you do, why are you doing it, what do you want?" I cross my arms as he chuckled.

"What do you want" he mocks
"The classic answer for the weak"
I stand up and put the keys in my back pocket signaling that he's losing his chance.

"Alright.. but you better get me out of here"
"I'll start with the first question" I interrupt

"What do you do" I finish for him

"I'm apart of mafia group, we hunt for the enemy, you might think we are the bad people, I promise you we are not"

"Oh really.."
"We didn't start anything, this was between your detective group or whatever it's called. They took many things that belonged to us.."

"Be more specific" I gritted my teeth.
He rolls his eyes
"Money, soldiers, weapons and OUR equipment. That group needs to go to an end-" he grips the bars from the cage but then looks back at me with an evil smile.

"You wouldn't bear to tell dear Ethan Dolan now would ya'?" He raised an eyebrow

"About what" I mock his gesture
"What really happened six months ago"

"Your lying" my face began to get hot. Thunder boomed after my sudden movement.

If what has popped in my head is true, I wouldn't know how to survive of keeping some kind of information like this towards Ethan.

"Your lying to me" I stand up once again and he began to freak.
"Get me out! We made a deal!"
"I wanted facts, not lies" I turned the light off and began to walk out of the shed.

"I'm not lying!"
"Grayson was my best friend, we did everything together and your fucking family took him away from me"
"He's dead because of your ass"

"I.. didn't do shit!"  A headache began to take place.

"Imagine the look on Ethans face when he finds out he's working with the people who killed his brother"

"This is exactly why I came here, I have nothing to do with what my family has done"
"Either you tell him or I will"

-

I returned back to the house, there was only few hours left of sleep and I couldn't shut my eyes at any circumstance.

A shower was one of the only things that did help me. So that's what I did.

After the warm shower I come out with fresh new clothes and a towel wrapped around my damp hair. 

As I walk out, my clumsy self bumps into Chase who had to use the master bedroom bathroom.

"Hey"
"Hey, can I uh- talk to you for a sec" I stutter as I make sure Ethan wasn't around.

"Yeah, what's up" he turns back and faces me, patiently waiting.
"I'm only asking you because I think it would bother Ethan"
"I'm listening"

"Do you have any idea who Grayson worked for as a soldier"

"We weren't sure what group, he was gone for a while" he crossed his arms.
"Maybe around 2 years, and his death was confirmed-"
"Six months ago.." I sigh
"I know"

"Yeah" Chase pats my shoulder.
"Ethan changed ever since, he wasn't the same and I don't blame him"
"But you know what"
"Hm" I ask as I play with a string from my shirt.

"You have some kind of affect on him, he's coming back to his good side"
"No matter what, don't leave, I missed this Ethan"

I smile as I see him grin and walk downstairs.
A hand taps on my shoulder behind me.
"Morning"  I said before my eyes fall into Ethan's.

He smiles. His hair was messy and still managed to look great.
"I'll go make breakfast after I wash my hair" he walks into the bathroom and closes the door leaving me without saying anything about what happened last night.

I was even thinking about confessing my feelings to him, but there's second thoughts where he doesn't feel the same, that he's only using the excuse of not being able to.

-

Ethan walks down the stairs and spies Chase and I already serving out breakfast for the three of us.
He does a soft chuckle before he makes it to the end of the stairs and into the kitchen.

I look at Chase before following Ethan, he's occupied with his food.
I sit on a still right across from Ethan as he sips water from a glass cup.

"What are you going to do today"
"Why you ask" he raised an eyebrow
"Just curious" I raise my shoulders

"Go to the cabin, maybe a jog around the block I don't know" he leans on one leg and examines me.

I smile, which made him smile. Exactly what I wanted to happen.

"Look"
"No you look Ethan"

"I like you, what happened last night was something that caught me off guard but I loved it" 

"And I just want to know if you feel the same or not"
There was a long moment of silence.

He walks up to me and his hand reaches to my jaw by my ear.
"I like you Melanie, and I care about you and I'll do anything to protect you"

What he said gave butterflies to my stomach. I felt protected, wanted. Ethan would look like the type of guy disgusted from me. What the man said came back into my mind and I feel like hell hate me and look at me differently.