❉ five

Melanie Anderson

Ethan Dolan was his full name. He seemed full of surprises. We had continued a conversation on text, sadly, he hasnt replied.

It's a new day, also known as the day I'm starting an important job i cant blow off, or be cumbersome on it.

"I got to go" Paisley grabs a muffin from the kitchen counter and kisses my forehead.

"I'll see you soon" she waves at me before walking out.
"Bye babe" I wink which makes her giggle.

There goes my best friends. They both applied for college. They get to come home here and there, but since it's a decent drive, the need to stay at a dorm is more desireable.

Myself, well, it was a job my mother had planned for me to take part of. I didn't want to worry her and make a fus about interference with school, so i would do it next year.

My phone dings, which was a text of all of the information i needed to know.

Human Resources.
519 East Blvd
Weekly working days, unless told otherwise. Payment would be given by the end of every week.

$4,325 total per month.

Oh please, including car and gas, apartment, and phone payments, id be left with around 1 grand.

Whatever works

I begin to change into an outfit that would be appropriate for office. Lastly, a grammy sweater which, once button, made my boobs noticable.

I put on a pair of heels and my bag, especially 'the manilla folder', which carries everything that i would need at an interview but just in case.

I walk out of the apartment building, and towards my car. I put the key in the ignition and look both ways for anyone suspicious. Ever since i was being followed, its become a habit.

-

The drive wasnt far, mainly through the city not the express way. In Jersey its always raining, i carry my umbrella all the time. Rowen called earlier to wish me good luck on my new job.

I turned 21 and i feel 30...

The door to the building were glass and very shinny. It made the mood to the company more professional. That definitely didnt make me more nervous. Me and my sarcasm.

"Well Hello" a young gentle man walked infront of me and looked me up and down.

"My name is Michael, how may i help you?"
"My mother, Sandra Anderson had offered an application for me to begin working. I take out the manilla folder.

"Here?" he takes a look at the application paper that i filled out.
"Of coarse, Sandra Anderson is the head of our team" he fake smiled

Shes a bitch to him, i can feel it

"Right this way" he leads me to an elevator. As we patiently wait, from the view of the elevator, there was a ruckus happening on the main floor outside.

"Uh, Michael.."  i stutter. It didnt feel real. There was a van that sped to the entrance and almost ran people off.

He quickly gasps and takes out his phone. That is when the power went off, the elavator crashed and stopped completely.

I watch as the doors from the van slam open and gun men race inside.
I quickly dial my mother.

There was service.
"Call the police, there is reception!" i yelled to Michael

My mother answers
"Mel!"
"Mom! Where are you?"

I took the emergency out, where are you dear-- Mel-?"

"Mom!?"
I turn to look at Michael. He was shacking his head.
"Its gone"

The sound of gun shots filled the building.

Im going to die
Why today, why here, why me

Michael pulls up his sleeves and stands at a certain posture.
"Your going to stay here, until its safe"

He began to push the door from the elavator apart. Slowly, but astonished at the force he was doing. The doors creek open.

Michael steps out and looks both ways. There were no people on the this floor. I look out the elavator and the van was still there, the gunmen havent left.

I turn back but stand frozen. Michael was no longer there. Instead, a man with a mask and a gun held on his hand. Pointing towards me.

"Melanie?" the man whispered. Almost regretting ever speaking.

"How do you know who i am?" i start walking backwards, ending up against the wall.

"Im sorry we had to meet this way.." he spoke.
Thats when he dropped the gun and slid his mask off, landing on the ground as well.

Black and white circles appeared and filled my vision, making it difficult to obstain my balance. I fall to my side.

A/N
.
.
.
.
.

WELL THAT  ESCALATED QUICKLY..
THERE WAS SOME ACTION THERE AND I ACTUALLY LIKED IT

WHO WAS THE GUNMAN? ;))