❉ seven

Melanie Anderson

As I walk inside the big house, it was very modern and clean, nothing compared to my apartment.

I look back behind me and see Ethan with his hands in his pockets, he looked at me but then out at the house.

"You can sleep in my sisters room as we stay here, it's only for safety since the shooting" he says. I quickly nod and follow him upstairs.

He opens the door to what seemed to be his sisters room. As he walks to his, my phone began to ring.

It was my mom
"Mom?"
"Honey!? I'm so glad your okay, where are you?"
"I'm.. back at my place, I'm okay I found my way back"

"Okay.. thank God.. Well call me if you need anything"
"Okay, bye mother"

Even though I lied, and I tried to sound as if I was back at my place, it seemed as if she didn't believe me. There's something up, and I'm very confused, maybe Ethan has something to know.

As I was about to turn around, there stood Ethan with a hoodie and sweat pants. At that moment I had a minor memory, his sweater seemed familiar.

"Oh hey, what's up"
He was chewing on gum, which made his jawline more noticeable.
"Nothing, I'm going for a run, I'll be back" he lifts up his hoodie and that's when it hit me.
Ethan must be the stalker guy that I've seen for the past month or so.

He noticed my reaction and stops at the end of the stairs.
"Whats wrong"
"Nothing" I fake smile and wave.

He raises an eyebrow but then opens the front door and walks out.

I quickly turn the light in the sisters room and open her closet. I take off my dress and look for the first sweater I find, and a pair of shorts.
We're the same size, sweet.

I look through the bottom of the closet and only find nikes. I exit the the room and quietly walk down the stairs.
I need to get out of here.

The keys to Ethan's car were on the kitchen counter, I quickly grab them and run out of the house.

He had to park by the street.. he's probably going to see me. I adjust my sweater and make a run for it. I click a button to unlock the car, a glimpse around for any sign of Ethan and see that he was on my far left.

He looks at my direction from the sound of it unlocking and began to run towards the car, which is about to be taken by me.

"Melanie!" He yelled, Ethan was getting close to me. All the way where I stood, you could see him running with all his might, which scared me.

I open the door and sit on the drivers side. I struggle to put the key in the ignition. The car turns on, as I was about to close the door, Ethan gets in my way.
"Melanie!" He grunts as he gets in front of me to turn the car off. He tried to grab my hands or either pull me out.

"Get away from me!.. Help!" I tried to say as loud as I can, but the neighborhood seemed as it was empty. Nobody lived here anymore. I'm doomed..

I looked around his car and at my luck I find a gun that's hidden between the driver seat. I quickly grab it and aim it at him. His eyes go wide.

"Okay okay" he kept repeating as he puts his hands up in surrender. He looked around and then back at me.

"Your.. your the stalker" I spoke up. He blinked multiple times and gulped.
"I've been feeling watched lately, and if we met at the club on my birthday.."
"Were you following me?" I had a face of disgust, and I wasn't afraid of him seeing.

I get out of his car and stand face to face. I measured the height between us, and it felt as if a dream that I've had came true.

A moment that happened a while ago. I touch my lips at the memory. I remember, I was drunk.
but was it Ethan?

I get out of my zone and point the gun back at him. Ethan backs up even further. He looked nervous.

"Who are you!?" My voice was rising.
"I can't hide it anymore" he muttered
"Hide what?!"
"The truth" he said
He walks closer to me and slowly reached for the gun. He looked me in the eyes, and takes it from my hands.

"I'm suppose to protect you"
My confusion level rose. Why do I need someone to protect me?

"Your parents don't work for Human Resources Mel, their detectives.. and they have a lot of enemies. They sent me to protect you"
I stay standing there, taking in everything he has to say.

"But you know what else.. As I was on the watch for any harm, I was attracted to the little things that you do.. I couldn't help myself that one night" he looked down then back at me.

It was him. Ethan was the one who gave me all kinds of emotions the night I was drunk, and surprisingly I remember it all, like he said I would.

"Yeah, you could say I'm a stalker, but I was just doing my job, but what I did that night was unacceptable which is why I sent you all of those gifts"

Everything was starting to make sense now. Especially knowing the fact that I didn't know what my parents worked at.

"At least you didn't do anything more than just kiss me" I said
He scoffs.
"I'm sorry Melanie, at least stay here with me, we have to follow the order anyway" he raised his hand towards the house and slightly smiles.
I hesitate at first but then move from my position to follow him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/N

FILLER CHAPTER!

I actually like this book. Thank you for having the time to read my first Ethan Fanfic ily ❤️