8-10

When Harry gets out of school he runs right up to Louis and his mum, who are talking to Harry's older sister Gemma. She's twelve, so she's now picking up Harry at school and walking him home since they live so close. Plus her mum is giving her a dollar every time she walks him home, so it's worth it for her.

The only problem with it is that Harry likes going home with Louis. They talk and laugh at random things and always end up going over one of their houses since they both have baby faces and are able to taunt their parents into it. That and they live way too close to each other to be able to say no. They can just walk across the street if they need to get home quickly.

So, Gemma walks Harry home while Jay drives Louis, and when Harry gets home ten minutes after Louis he spots him sitting on his front steps. Louis looks up, and grins, jumping to his feet and running over. He's like a little flash, getting over to Harry's house within a second. Gemma doesn't even question it. She just unlocks the front door and lets them both run into the house.

Louis likes Gemma, sure, she's like an annoying older sister to him. But he likes Harry just a tad more since they can bond over things better. That and they both like footie and cartoons, and Gemma likes hanging out with her girl friends and doing makeup like all of the girls do. He can't really blame her, though, since he knows she's three years older and has different interests, but Harry's two years younger than him and he still hangs out with him all the time. He never ditches Louis. Which is why he get's upset when he gets invited to a party the night of their month long planned sleepover. He doesn't even want to go, but the fact that it's on the same day frustrates him. He knows it's gonna make Harry upset.

So, when Louis and Harry get into Harry's room Louis jumps right onto the bed, turning the light off and watching the stars on his ceiling start to glow. "Haz, I've got to tell you somethin," he says, turning his head to the side and grabbing onto Harry's finger. Harry climbs onto the bed, sitting back on his heels as he looks at Louis, just waiting for him to continue. "I got invited to some stupid girls birthday party the night of our sleepover," he cringes, sitting up. He watches the boys face frown, and then pout. His eyes water a bit, and he blinks them a lot.

"You're missing our sleepover?" he asks wide wide eyes, his shoulders slumping. Louis shakes his head furiously, kneeling up and leaning over to drape himself over Harry for a hug. He also grabs onto Harry's hand, because why not. Harry squeezes onto his hand like always. It comforts him to hold Louis' hand. Always has.

"No! I wouldn't ditch you, Hazza! Of course not! I'm not going to her girly party! Girls are stupid!" the older of the two smiles and Harry laughs.

"You can say that again," he chuckles. And when Louis does in fact repeat it they both lose it and engage into a hysterical laughing fit. When they're done Louis lays back on the bed to look up at the ceiling again, and this time Harry joins him and tucks his head right into his side. Louis strings his arm around the boy, and grins up at the fake stars.