42|abducted|

chapter XLII

I walked down the street, it was dawn outside. I was by myself only a cool breeze accompanied me.

I heard the sound of a vehicle and thought nothing of it. That was before it got closer I turned around to see a black van speeding towards me. I immediately began running but it felt like everything was slowing down. The van pulled in front of me driving onto the sidewalk, as the door slid open and a man with his face covered jumped out. I turned and ran in the opposite direction but it was too late. He put me in a chokehold and dragging me into the van as another man shut the door, knocking on the side of the van which signaled the person driving to speed off.

I began squirming, trying to free myself for his grasp, causing the man to only strengthen his grip on me.

I elbowed him in the chest forcing him to release me, before I elbowed him in the side of his face immediately knocking him out, I turned and jumped kicking the man who shut the van door in the face. I slid open the door and kicked him out.

I turned only to be punched in the face, when I saw the ceiling of the van and everything soon went black.

***************************************

I woke up in a daze, everything was dizzy I was now in the back of the van, I tried moving but my hands and feet were restrained by zip ties. I turned my head to see two men sitting, one was cut up, like he had been dragged across concrete, and the other with a giant bruise on the side of his face. Both of them bleeding. That's when all the pain had shot to the side of my head, I winced in pain realizing I had been punched.

"Fuck." I whispered under my breath.

A man came from the passenger seat, a mask over his head. He stepped in front of the two men I had 'beat'.

"You ever let a girl win like that again and I'll blow your brains out myself." He warned.

I looked down.

"Feisty little one aren't you?" He chuckled.

I didn't say a word.

"Who do you work for?" He asked.

No response.

"Talk bitch." He yelled slapping me across the face.

I breathed out not making a sound. I refuse to show I'm weak.

"I know what will make you talk." He laughed pulling a picture out of his pocket.

I looked up.

"This boy." He said showing me a picture of my brother Caleb. It was recent because he was lying in the hospital bed.

I jerked forward, he quickly pressed his shoe against my chest and pushed me back, stepping on me.

I found it hard to breathe as I cried out in pain, he bent over and slapped me across the face multiple times, ending with a punch.

"Yea we saw him in the hospital today. So peaceful honestly. A shame he tried to kill himself." The man said shaking his head as he took his foot off of me, taking his final blow by kicking me in the ribs, causing me to gasp for air coughing.

"Now, I will come back and maybe you will start talking he said pushing closed a curtain, that kept me blocked off from the rest of them and the windows in the front of the van.

He walked back to his seat up front leaving me shaken up and spitting out blood.

I caught a grip and sat up. I needed a way out.