8|lockdown|

chapter VIII

I was at my locker and Olivia and I were talking.

"Mom texted me and told me she was picking me up early to have a discussion so I won't be in gym or at practice. I'm good. But you..." She said.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do." I said as I felt someone grab my waist causing me to jump.

"Chill Princess." Derek said.

"What?!" I asked.

"I wanna work on the project tonight. Wanna work at your house?" I asked.

"Right." I said sarcastically as he winked at me.

"Halle! Do it anyway. Cause your mom would freak, a little payback." Olivia said.

"I choose life." I said.

"Wait what are you guys talking about." Derek asked.

"Her Mom said she's not allowed to have anyone over." Olivia said.

"Then I should come over." He said.

"Fine, man I'm gonna regret this." I said.
//////////////////////////////

Now the part I'm dreading the most...gym. I can just tell the teacher my stomach hurts, so I can sit out. But I can't get out of  Track.

I threw my duff bag over my shoulder, I started walking to the gym, then I was stopped by Sam.

"Move." I said.

"Look Halle. I'm sorry I kissed you. I don't regret it but did you feel anything?" He asked.

"Anger cause you kissed." I said trying to get past him.

"Stop." He said grabbing my shoulders.

"Then get off." I said.

"Why don't you give me a chance?" He asked.

"Cause I don't like you like that. You can't force me to like you cause that's not how feelings work Sam!" I said.

"But you gave Derek a chance?!" He said raising his voice.

"That's none of your business. Get off." I said struggling.

"Oh please we all saw you in his lap, he was all over you, you looked like a slut." He practically yelled in my face as his grip tightened.

Sam was quickly and forcefully pushed off of me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you bro." Derek yelled. "You don't just do shit like that man- you're real low."

"Fuck off man your such a prick. You can't tell me shit." Sam yelled pushing him back.

"Watch it." Derek said getting his face before grabbing my hand and pulling me away from Sam.

"Ya known this would be a good time to skip." Derek said chuckling.

"No." I said.

"Come on. Plus I just helped you." He said.

I went silent debating whether or not I should go, he pulled the bag off my shoulder,

"Come on." He said walking away, as I hesitantly followed.

"You like doing what I tell you to do, don't you?" He asked smirking m.

"Chill." I said laughing.

Once we were in his car my phone went off.

Olivia♌️- Straight lockdown for me right now. My mom is filpping, have fun dealing with gym and track😉😊
Halle- Me and Derek are skipping sooo
Olivia♌️- So you just left Regan😂😂
Halle- Oops😶😂

I locked my phone.

"My mom shouldn't be home." I said.

"That's fine." He said.

"Course you would say that." I said shaking my head.

"Direct me." Derek laughed pulling out of the school parking lot.

I showed him where to go and he just listened.

The car was silent and I was looking out of the window. I felt a hand on my thigh, I immediately looked at Derek.

"Can you not." I said pushing his hand off.

"Your acting uncomfortable...was it because of last ni-." He said.

"No it's not that-" I said cutting him off.

"Just be normal then. It's not a big deal. We can still be chill." He said kind of annoyed.

"But you have to stop flirting." I said.

"Fuck you mean..I can't help that shit. That's just how I am." He said.

"It makes you sound like a Fuckboy." I said.

"Damn. Way to be harsh." He said.

I put my hands up in defense as he rolled his eyes smirking.

His phone rang.

"Aye man not right now." Derek said answering.

"But-....."

"Later for real. You can't just hit me with that shit and say it's tonight. I don't care, do it without me.....just ask KDL." He said.

"Then don't go I don't care." He said.

".....so your not going for sure. Okay." He said hanging up.

"Sorry." Derek said after a while. I kept silent wondering what that call was about as he got closer to my house.