44|reality|

chapter XLIV

"HALLE WAKE UP." Garrett yelled.

I began sobbing.

"Stop! Stop!" He yelled interlocking both of our hands and placing his forehead on mine.

"He shot me, he said Caleb only tried to commit suicide because of me." I cried.

He grabbed my face. "No. It's not true that was just a nightmare. Your mind is fucking with you. You're safe now." He said holding me as we rocked me back in forth.

"You are so safe, I would never let anything happen to you." He whispered pulled away from me.

"Do you believe me?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Good." He said holding me again. "I will stay with you until you fall asleep." He added calmly.

He sat back as I placed my head on his chest. I fell asleep to the repetition on his heart beat but this time my dream was peaceful.

Garrett's POV

Once she was asleep I got up and place her head down softly, grabbing a blanket and covering her shivering body.

I heard someone burst in. The people pushed past the curtain.

"Halle." Olivia said tears staining her eyes.

"You can't she's asleep. Let her be at peace." I demanded grabbing Olivia's wrist.

"Don't touch me." She said snatching her wrist back.

I turned my head and saw Swazz, Skate, and Derek look at her with apologetic eyes.

"We should have been there." Swazz said.

I stormed up to Derek and smacked my hand on his chest snatching him by his shirt, and pulling him out of my store. Skate quickly followed. I threw Derek to the ground.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT." I yelled as he looked up to me.

"HEY MAN." Skate said pushing me trying to hold me back.

"I know." Derek said.

Skate paused. "What is Garrett talking about." He asked.

"Derek you are a piece of shit. LOOK AT HER. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. YOU LEFT HER. SHE GOT ABDUCTED RIGHT WHEN SHE LEFT YOUR HOUSE. AND YOU KNEW YOU GUYS WERE BEING TRACKED.

"Derek we all promise not to leave the girls alone." Skate said looking at him disappointedly.

"Nathan I kno-"

"No Derek. Shut the fuck up. What if it was Olivia you left alone." Skate snapped.

"I was mad." Derek explained.

"That's a bitch ass excuse." Skate said pointing at him.

I had enough, I kicked Derek in the ribs.