chapter 7

Black Butterfly

TheRealGonZoldyck

Chapter 7

Summary:

"Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires."
Macbeth, Act I Scene IV

Chapter Text

Killua and his brother Illumi have different ideas about what they should do in their spare time. In Killua's spare time, he likes to stare at shit. Well, not literally. He likes to stare at the TV, or the Internet, or a book, or cat videos. There's a lot of sitting very still and not moving involved. He suspects in a former life he was probably a statue because he isprofoundly good at it.

Illumi, on the other hand, spends his spare time preparing to take over the family business, writing reference books, gleefully finding errors on legal documents, and telling Killua how to spend his spare time.

In Illumi's Type A world there should be no spare time; his motto is, "Time to lean, time to clean," except replace "lean" with "sleeping in dirt holes" and replace "clean" with "making Killua feel guilty about wanting absolutely nothing to do with their father's business and mocking Killua for taking the easy way out by playing crazy and going to therapy."

Killua thinks it has something to do with their DNA probably not matching at all. For most of Killua's life, Illumi has been a micromanaging, workaholic brown-nose-and really enjoys it, which makes him dangerously questionable, or at least mildly sociopathic.

And yet Killua is the one in therapy-Killua is the one that has to spend an entire hour every Wednesday talking about himself with some one who has to fake being fascinated by the strange assemblage of minutiae that is Killua. Although, he suspects telling his therapist that he's truly okay without therapy might fuck up her stories, so he leaves it alone.Because he's a good person.

At least, according to his therapist.

*

*

Shit Killua Says to His Shrink vs. What He Actually Means

"I feel like I'm making some real progress."

I HAVEN'T STABBED ANYONE IN THE FACE IN WEEKS. SOMEONE GET ME SOME KIND OF TROPHY. BUT NOT A DARTS TROPHY. I ALREADY HAVE ONE OF THOSE.

"I've been having problems concentrating. I think I might have ADD."

I'VE BEEN WATCHING TOO MANY YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF CATS FALLING OFF OF SHIT WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING HOMEWORK AND IF MY TEACHERS FIND OUT I'M GOING TO NEED YOU TO WRITE ME A DOCTOR'S NOTE EXPLAINING THAT IT'S A MEDICAL CONDITION.

"Your waiting room is so cheerful."

WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE ALL THOSE MODERN CATMAGAZINES IN THE LOBBY? ARE THOSE SOME SORT OF TRAP, OR IS IT JUST SOME SORT OF PROFILING?

"But I didn't look at those magazines because I'm not some sort of crazy gay cat man."

I STOLE THE CENTERFOLD.

"Although I do, of course, love my pets as much as any normal person."

THE OTHER DAY I HAD INSOMNIA AND MADE MY CATS A WATER BED OUT OF A ZIPLOC BAG AND SHOEBOX. THEY POPPED IT WITH THEIR CLAWS AND THEY ALMOST DROWNED. THEN I TRIED TO PUT BABY SOCKS AROUND THEIR FEET BUT THEY KEPT PULLING THEM OFF SO I TRIED WRAPPING RUBBER BANDS AROUND THE SOCK HEMS AND THEN ALLUKA WOKE UP WHILE I WAS PINNING ONE OF THEM DOWN TO PUT THE SOCK ON AND SHE WAS ALL, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY ARE THE CATS ALL WET?" AND I WAS LIKE, "I'M TRYING TO HELP THEM ENJOY WATER BEDS," AND THEN SHE MADE ME GO TO SLEEP. IT WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.