Robin looks up at him. "What do you think?"

"I don't think she has feelings for me anymore."

I frown. "Ahh, I'm sorry, Kane."

He shakes his head and lets out a small chuckle. "No, it's fine because I guess the feeling is sorta mutual."

I shrug. "That's good, I guess."

He nods. "Yeah, but I still care for her a lot. We have a strong connection but not a romantic one. She's like the little sister I never had."

Robin grimaces. "That sounds wierd. Didn't you guys kiss?"

He frowns. "No but now I'm glad we didn't because that does sound wierd."

We all shudder.

After that disturbing thought, we just continue to talk until the clock hits five. Robin leaves because she has to get ready for her family gathering and Kane leaves for his meet up with Amelia.

Now, I'm left to choose which outfit to wear after the game. I look at my closet in frustration and groan, seeming as to I can't find anything to wear. I'll just choose when I come back.

So, I put on my cheer uniform and apply my makeup and also put my hair into a ponytail with my cheer bow.

I leave the house and get into my car, putting the direction into my GPS to find his house and shoot him a quick 'on my way' text.

I arrive ten minutes early and when I pull up to his house, it's an average size house, nothing too fancy. There's a flower bed in the front of the house, which looks beautiful. I let out a deep breath and knock on the door. I stand there for five seconds before the door opens, which reveals a short woman with chestnut colored hair.

She smiles politely at me and sticks her hand out for a handshake. "Hi, you must be Julianne. I'm Janice, Grants' mom."

I suddenly get more nervous than I already was and give her a polite smile back, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you."

Before she could say anything back Grant shows up from behind his mom, opening the door wider.

"Mom," he grumbles to her, "I told you I had it."

I notice Grant's outfit when I first see him. He's wearing a baseball tee something different from his usual plain colored t-shirts and blue jeans. His hair seemed to be neater than his usual 'I just woke up' look.

She reaches up to pinch his cheeks. "It's okay sweetie, Julianne's a nice lady. And oh! You look so nice!"

He swats her hand away, with a small blush on his cheeks. "Thank you, mom. Okay, well, we're gonna go." and then gives her a small kiss on the cheek.

He steps out of his house and grabs my wrist, which catches me by surprise.

Mrs Moore waves goodbye to us. "You two have a good time on your date."

Before Grant could say anything she winks at him and closes the door.

Grant gapes at the door with a slight blush forming on his cheeks.

He quickly turns to me, rubbing his neck. "I didn't tell her this was a date, by the way. She just assumed...I'm sorry."

I smile and let out a small chuckle. "It's fine, let's go."

Grant walks to the drivers side of the car and I give him a confused look but it goes away once I realize he's opening my door for me.

My face gets hot and he gives me a smile that has my heart racing. "Thank you." I say and then get in the car.