Chapter 12

Ryder's POV
I was checking my twitter feed when I noticed that Delani was tagged in a post. It was a link to a video. I clicked on it and it brought me to a video with a silhouette of a girl. I watched it and it made me angry at the fact that Delani was now in danger and its all because some girl wants me for herself.

"When you... *garble and static* are... *garble and static* i-in trou-uble... *garble and static* what k-kind of... *garble and static* room d-do... *garble and static* y-you g-go... *garble and static* to?"

I paused the video when it cut out.

Was that suppose to be a clue?

I rolled my mouse over the video and noticed there were a few more seconds. I pressed play and Monica appeared on the screen. Horror struck me when Soren pulled the cloth away from Monica's mouth to let her speak.

"Jack, Mark, and Delani... I just want you to know. I love you all so much." She sobbed.

Soren went to put the cloth over her mouth, but she bit his hand.

"I'm in a safe room!" She yelled.

Soren smacked her across the face and put the cloth over her face again.

"Good bye, Monica."

The video went black and there were three gunshots.

I sat in my chair in shock.

There was no way she was dead. Why else would they give a clue? Why else would she yell that?

I looked at the time and I should be heading to bed since I have to get up for school tomorrow.

God... I have a feeling I'm going to be a protective jerk because of this damn video.

I get up from my chair and crawl into bed and drift off to sleep.

Delani's POV
I got up the next morning feeling like complete crap. I didn't sleep well at all after that video. I got up and put on a grey north face pullover, black leggings, grey Uggs, and a black beanie. I got myself some cereal and sat at the table for a bit. The house was quiet, nothing but the sound of clock in the living room ticking. With each tick the feeling of tension became more and more unbearable. I looked at the clock and it was almost seven in the morning. My bus should be here soon so I got up from the table. As I grabbed my bag and headed toward the door, the ticking sound became louder and louder and I felt myself rapidly drowning until I opened the door leading outside. The fresh outdoor air flooded into me and I no longer felt like I was drowning. I walked down to the bus stop, or the edge of my driveway and sat on the ground. I put the hood of my pullover up and sat there feeling numb. I felt my phone buzz and I did not want to pull it out of my pocket, but out of habit I did so anyway.

Ryder: I have something important to tell you when we meet up before class

My stomach started to get become sick to itself. I wanted to puke because that text could lead to a good conversation or a bad conversation. Either way I have a feeling he is going to bring up that video that was shared to me last night.

"Jack, Mark, and Delani... I just want you to know. I love you all so much."

I heard the squeaky brakes of my bus as it turned into my development. I saw the bus coming toward me, so I reluctantly got up from the ground and put my bag on my back. My bus stopped in front of me and I stepped inside and I caught my bus driver's gaze. Her usual happy eyes seemed to be heavy with grief and sadness. I sat down in the back of the bus. No one speaks to me, let alone talk to me.