Chapter 14

(Y/n) P.O.V

My world was crumbling apart. My only 'friend' was a fraud, a fake, an imposter. And on top of that, she got killed, no ruthlessly murdered, by a filthy criminal that no one can find! My boyfriend said that she was watching over me, betraying me. I trusted her with my life but she gave my secrets away to these people, these filthy rats.
I cleared my throat," Ryuzaki, how long did you know?"
"Ever since the tapes from the second KIRA came in. But we had so much work to do, I-"
"Why? Why didn't you tell me? I thought we were supposed to trust each other!" I said, my voice steadily rising. L cowered back in fear. "Ryuzaki, I don't think I can be in a relationship where my boyfriend isn't truthful and has secrets. I realize that this is a touchy subject to come out and say especially while dealing with a major case, but you could have at least told me. I'm sorry, but I think I need time away from this." I hissed gesturing to us, while tears gathered in my eyes. L looked broken, his eyes now dull.
"But Ms. Ukine, if I had told you, you would have wanted to see the body and the killer could have still been around. It wasn't safe, you could have died." He mumbled, a few stray tears falling from his eyes.
"WELL YOU STILL SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!!"I shouted, the salty fluid now freely flowing down my face while L was bawling his eyes out.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" He cried, his voice cracking. It took all of my will power not to hug him.
"I'm not. It's over. You know what? I'm pretty sure you NEVER loved me! I'm pretty sure that Camille told you everything I liked so that you could charm me! I hate you!" I scream and storm down to my room, and cry as I hear L's cries above me.
How could he? L should have told me! Not only about her death but her watching me! Do they not trust me? I don't need someone to watch over me! I can handle myself! I didn't and don't need anyone!

L's P.O.V

I cry, calling her name repeatedly, hoping she would come back, with no avail. I curl up into a ball and sob.
What happened? One minute she was other half, my life, my happiness; and the next she's a storm of pain and misery, ripping away my heart and leaving me to die. She left me, she left me all because I didn't tell her about her friend. I shouldn't have kept that a secret, I mean, I tried! But then I got to know her, and she was this angel who made my dull life bright again. She illuminated my soul and became my first best friend and then my first significant other! So how was I supposed to present the fact that her friend was all a lie ordered by me? I suppose a walk would do me good in a time like this.
I sigh and get up, my eyes still puffy red as tears continuously fall from my eyes. I tilt my head down so my bangs cover my depression. I leave the building and walk down the road as I contemplate my mistakes.

Your P.O.V
I slide my body against the door, crying.
No stay strong (y/n), I can do this.
Although talking to yourself may seem crazy, it really calmed me down, and I decided why not do another song?
The task force and him are upstairs, telling Light and Matsuda what to say and look out for, so I do have time for a song!
I push off the door, wipe away my tears and begin brainstorming the lyrics for a new song. The music just flowed throughout me engulfing my sences in the tone of the song. When I had finished laying the music I checked my watch.
It's 12:27! I only played for half an hour?!
I smiled for the first time in... forever? The past couple of days have been pretty rough. I get my equipment ready and I play the music.
-play the music now!!-
I am wide awake
And I'm standing tall
Up against the world
Up against the wall

Between the love and hate
They can hardly wait
To watch the hero fall

You could give me hell
You could give me death
Break before I bend
I will have revenge