[8]

|Aaron|

I'm getting quite annoyed with that...Max guy.

He laughed, and I stared at him.

"What? Am I the only cool one here?" He laughed, and I scowled beneath my skin.

Aph was laughing at him, she was smiling wide. Shelby was laughing as well, like she was actually surprised that Katelyn was terrified of Max.

"Come on, Max! That was awesome!" Shelby cried, shaking her brother's arm.

He rolled his eyes and pushed his little sister off of him.

"Aphmau, I'm back home early!" Aph heard her mother and she raced out of the room, closing the door behind her.

|Max|

"We better get going, Max! Before she brings the chancla!" Shelby whispers to her brother, grabbing their bags and she unlatches the window. She leaps out with the bags, and Max rolls his eyes. He smiles.

"See ya!" He jumps out of the window, as Sylvanna opens the door.

"APHMAU!!"

The room of Aph's friends screech in terror, as Max gets a good idea to get them out of trouble. He grabs Shelby and drags her to the door, then he presses the doorbell. He turns to Shelby.

"This is to get them out of trouble, in gonna do the talking and tell her that you were invited for Aphmau's Girls Only Sleepover, okay?"

Shelby smiles. "You're an awesome brother."

The door opens, and there stands Sylvanna and Aphmau. Aphmau glances at the two in confusion.

"Hello, Miss Sylvanna! I'm here to drop off my little sister for Aphmau's Sleepover. I hope we're not late, Aph. I'm sorry if we are, it was my fault." Max fixes his red beanie on his head and smiles.

"Maxwell and Shelby! Oh, come in, you two!" Sylvanna smiles widely, moving aside to let them in. Aphmau's eyes widen. Sylvanna looked to her, an angry look in her eyes. But it disappeared. "If you told me you were going to have a sleepover, that would have been nice to know. But, you did invite the most polite kids I know, but don't think that gets you off the hook-"

"I'm sorry, but I have to go home now. Bye Shub! Have a good time!" Max eyes his sister, smirking mischievously at her for a moment. He waves to Sylvanna and Aphmau, letting a wink slip by to Aph that her mother didn't notice. He walked out the door, seeing that Aaron, Garroth, and Laurance were hiding by the bushes. I nudged my head forwards, and to the fence, where they could be safe.

I walked down the sidewalk quietly, Aaron was walking a few steps behind me.

"Do you like Aphmau?" Aaron spoke up, and I kept walking.

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because, I'm her best friend."

"Doesn't mean you're a friend of mine."

"I see how you look at her." He growls. "You don't know anything about her, you don't care."

"Of course I do." Max growls. "Stop trying to irritate me, Lycan."

"I'm watching out for her." Aaron snaps, looking down as he knits his fingers together. "I don't want to see her hurt."

"Then we shouldn't fight around her. Seeing as I am one of her best friends, so are you, we shouldn't fight. I intend to keep my friends."

Aaron scowls.

"Anyway, have a nice weekend, Lycan."

"Sure." Aaron rolls his eyes as Max turns left onto another street, as Aaron crosses to the other side. The two walk away from each other, Aaron scowling and Max quiet and angered.

"Mom, I'm home!" Max calls into the house.

"Max? I thought you were with your friends?" His mother, Lily, was in the living room, watching the news.

"Oh, I just wanted to walk Shelby to her friend's house."

Lily looks at her son, and smiles.