5th year

The years passed by, uneventful. Gwen excelled with O's in every class. The trio was still close as ever. And Tom was on the rise. What adventure will come in this 5th year.

Gwen's Pov

I calmly walked through the halls with my two best friends. Rubeus and Georgie. Next class was potions and we had to share the class with Slytherins. I inwardly shivered. Unfortunate for me, Tom has made it his responsibility to bother me for the last 4 years. Because of this Rubeus has been especially overprotective of me. 

I walked in the classroom and sat in the middle of my two friends. We started chatting lively until I felt someone tapping my shoulder. Hopping I didn't see Riddle or any of his friends, I turned around. But there stood no Riddle. Instead, Charles Potter was standing there. "Hey," I asked quite confused. "Umm h-hi Gwen, I-I wanted t-to know if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade this weekend?" I thought for a second, and right as I was about to deny. I felt a grip on my shoulder. I turned around and saw none other than Tom. "I'm sorry to interupt but I believe I was about to ask dear Gwen to go with me." "Well I'm sorry but you're too late. Charles, I would love to go to Hogsmeade with you." I challenged Tom and Charles just smiled brightly. Tom's scowl turned into a smirk. "I see how you want to play.'' He crouched down and whispered in my ear. "Playing hard to get, but you will be mine." I shivered slightly and he turned to sit down in his seat.

"Ok students, please stand up." We did so and stood at the end of the classroom. "I have assigned seats. Bullmorrow and Hagrid, Barks and Malfoy, Parkinson and Potter, Riddle and Nieves.." Wait what! I was going to sit next to the person I dispised the most. I awkwardly shuffled my shoes to my seat and sat next to a smirking Riddle. This was going to be a slow class. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I raced outside of class before Riddle could get a hold on me. "Gwen! Slow down!" I heard Georgie calling after me. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to be close to Riddle" "I understand, so..... I heard about Charles. You really said Yes to him!!!" Georgie squeeled in excitement. I'm going to have to go on a date with him. Argh, I'll just have to make it clear to him that I just want to be friends. 

Not really being hungry, I walked up to the common room and went to sleep.....Having the same dream I always have.