Wake Up

EDEN: Paradise. A place of pristine or abundant natural beauty.

***

"Please tell me you're not buying into that nonsense angel" Nik mocked as I skimmed through the pages of the large leather bound book.

"I wanted to see what all the fuss was about" I mused, reading through the passages.

"And what is your verdict my love?" my husband inquired as he kissed my neck drawing a moan from deep down in my throat.

"That god is very unforgiving, a bit like you dear husband" I teased.

"I am very forgiving angel" he smirked.

"So that's why Finns been in a box for decades" I stated.

"My brother is judgemental and above all a complete bore, If anything I'm doing the world a favour" Nik huffed, as he moved away from me and fell backwards onto our bed. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour and stood up from my chair closing the large book or bible as people called it.

"There's two parts to this bible, the old testament and the new one. I think you'd find the old testament very interesting, it's all blood and gore. I mean there's this man called Abraham who killed his own son because this god asked him too" I explained as I sat beside Niklaus on our bed.

"Maybe this Abraham was compelled" Nik teases making me glare and hit him with the large book.

"Don't mock my choice in literature Niklaus".

"I'm sorry angel; now why don't you tell me what your favourite part is then hmm?" Nik smiled manoeuvring his body so he could lay his head on my lap".

"The beginning" I smiled running my fingers through his silky shoulder length hair.

"Care to elaborate angel".

"In the beginning there was one man Adam and one woman Eve, they lived in this beautiful place called the Garden of Eden and in this place there was no pain, no sadness, no judgment just pure and utter bliss".

"Sounds too good to be true Angel" Nik chuckled.

"But can you imagine it Nik a place like that, a place like Eden. We wouldn't have to run away or hide what we are" I explained dreamily.

"Eden does sound wonderful" he mused as his love filled eyes met mine.

I never did buy into the whole Christianity thing; after all I had grown in the time of Norse gods. I didn't really believe in anything really, then again as a human I never really bothered with the gods, I was supposed to worship. Throughout my time on this earth I had explored every religion known to man, my curiosity getting the better of me, but I never committed to one it just wasn't for me I guess.

Although I always did wonder if there ever was be a place such as Eden and if I ever did find it I would never be stupid like Eve and get myself thrown out, yes living in a paradise would be nice.

***

"Get off of me!" I roared as Genevieve, Monique and the other harvest girl held me down.

After Genevieve had knocked me out in my home, I had awoken to my body being dragged down the isle of Saint Anne's church; I was weak, it was as if all my vampire strength had be sucked from my body.

Then out of nowhere I felt it, a searing, indescribable pain in the lower part of my body I knew immediately something was wrong.

I panicked when Genevieve confirmed my suspicions, she had indeed induced my labour. I tried in vain to fight back calling out Nik's name in my helpless state, I couldn't remember ever feeling this helpless in my entire existence.