Token Human

Season 1 Episode 20

"Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock

When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall

And down will come baby, cradle and all"

"Works like a charm every time" I whispered smiling down at the little bundle in my arms, as I stood up from the oak rocking chair.

"Sleep tight little princess" I grinned, kissing her smooth little head as I placed her in her spacious crib.

I still couldn't believe she was all mine, I thought as I watched her sleep. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in all my thousand years on earth, she was absolutely perfect.

"You missed bedtime" I whispered as I heard Nik approach me from behind.

"What a shame" I froze recognizing the cold harsh voice immediately.

"Mikael" I whispered fearfully, as I stood in front of the crib blocking my child from his sight.

"Hello Thyra" he sneered then he lunged.

I gasped awake with a fright and looked around my bedroom in a daze, it was bright out which meant it was morning. I took deep breaths trying to calm myself, my hands went to my belly as I felt my daughter kick, her little action soothed me helping me forget my awful dream.

"Good morning angel" Nik smiled as he walked into our room carrying a tray, I smiled falsely trying to forget about my horrible nightmare.

"What are you up to?" I asked suspiciously sitting up so he could place the tray of food on my legs.

"Just making up for lost time" he told me sitting down beside me, as I ate some grapes from the plate.

"Okay then" I grinned leaning forward to kiss his lips lightly.

"How is our princess" Nik wondered, as he rubbed my belly laughing quietly when she started kicking up a storm.

"Laugh all you want it's not your insides she's kicking about" I snapped glaring down at my bump playfully.

"Don't worry won't be long now" Nik told me as he intertwined our fingers, kissing each one making me scoff at how cheesy he was being.

"She needs to evacuate ASAP, because I am so done being pregnant" I huffed, lying back down waiting for my little girl to stop kicking my rib cage.

"Always so dramatic angel".

"Until you grow a child inside your body, you have no say Niklaus".

***

The wake for Father Kieron was in full swing old Irish ballads blasted through the small bar driving me insane, all I wanted to do was go back home it was too loud and boisterous for my liking, I also couldn't get Mikael off my mind. I had, had a little cat nap earlier and once again Mikael invaded my dreams, I didn't know why I was dreaming of him, maybe the thought of impending motherhood was to blame.

I hadn't told Nik about my dreams yet I decide to wait until we were alone, he was already in a horrible mood and I didn't want to deal with that just yet.

"Marcellus" I smiled catching my boy as he walked into the loud bar.

"Hey Mom" he whispered kissing my cheek.

"You doing okay?"

"Are you?" he snapped making me recoil slightly.

"I heard about your reunion with Klaus. When were you planning on telling me huh?" He spat.