Chapter Two--Samir

Start from the beginning

                “Thank you.” Samir said, and then left, not wanting to be sucked back into another conversation with the wolf. Samir was not especially a social person, so he avoided others as much as possible.

                He knew that he was going to have to see Rosen before he had to do anything else; because he wanted to see the real person, he was going to kill. He knew the way to the Black Moon, but he also knew it would be nearly impossible to make it to reach Rosen, because of the way she had the pack set up. One the outer rim, the lower level wolves lived with their houses in the circle, the next inner circle was the next level and so on until you reached the Gamma, Beta and Alpha houses, which were in a line in the center of the pack houses. The worst part was, even Black Moon’s lower level wolves could compete with other packs higher-level wolves. Samir knew all of this because he liked to keep up with other supernaturals, so he knew what he was hunting, although the Fae was hard to keep track of, because they rarely spent time with other creatures.

                After leaving the building, Samir headed straight for the Black Moon pack. As he drove, he reached into his bag and pulled out a spray bottle, which contained a solution that would hide his smell for a few hours, long enough for him to get close enough to Rosen. He thought about the fact the he was hunting a female, and it felt wrong to him. Not that he wouldn’t kill a woman, no he had no sexist notation about who he killed, it was just he rarely met a female that he was willing to hunt and now that he found one he wasn’t quite sure how to approach it. With men, he could just approach and start attacking, or he could gain his trust until he got him alone, but women were another playing field. Simply attacking her would not due, and gaining her trust would be near impossible. So what was he supposed to do?

                Once he was about a mile from the location of the pack, he parked his car and headed out. He moved faster than just about any supernatural creature, and he stuck to the trees so he did not risk running into any scouting wolves. It was easier than he thought to make it to the Alpha house, but once he got there he noticed that the house was out in the open, and he could not get any closer without risking being seen, so he waited for her to leave her house. It was still early, so he was not expecting her to be up right away, but he was willing to wait.

                The first thing he saw when her front door opened was a large German Shepherd, the dog was larger than a normal wolf, which was surprising because Samir could have sworn that the dogs never got that large, but then again he was no expert on dogs. The dog sniffed the air and looked around, as if smelling something foreign, but Samir knew that the dog could not smell him, especially since he made it through real Werewolves without being detected.

                “What is it, Drake?” A female asked, stepping out of the house. Her blood red hair was pulled back in a tight pony tail, she had on black combat boots, black pants made out of some sort of stretchy material and a black tank top with a leather jacket over it. Her skin was a pale color and the black should have washed it out, but for some reason it made her glow. Samir knew automatically that this was Rosen, and he could not deny that she was very beautiful, in a harsh way. He could feel her power from his tree.

                The German shepherd whined at her, and she kicked him in the butt. “Get moving, don't whine at random shit.” He barked back, but moved forward. So, this was whom he was supposed to kill.

                She was walking forward, when a wolf came at her from the back and she did not even pause in her step to swing back and land a kick to the wolf’s neck. It flung back and jumped at her again, jaws open and Samir thought it was going to land a bite on her, but instead she grabbed it by the bottom jaw and snapped the jaw, causing the wolf to go limp for a moment. When he snapped his jaw back in place, Samir could tell that Rosen was bored even though the wolf had clearly attacked her to kill her, she was simply toying with it.

                “Look, Drake, a playmate.” She smirked. “Get him boy.” The German shepherd launched itself at the wolf, and Samir thought the wolf had a large advantage over the wolf, simply because the wolf is near twice the dog’s size. But Samir should have known that size does not mean everything. Drake, Samir assumed that was the dog’s name, went straight for the wolf’s throat, tearing savagely through the jocular, causing blood to splatter everywhere. Drake made one last bite to the throat, finishing the wolf off. He began to munch on the wolf, eating the fresh kill. “Catch up when you finish.” Rosen said, walking away from Drake.

                Samir had his work cut out for him; this woman was ruthless and heartless. Yet, he could not help but be attracted to her, this was the first time in many centuries that he has found a woman so strong. He moved back to his car, with too many thoughts rolling through his mind. If he wanted to kill Rosen, he would have to kill that dog first, because he was not going to be able to get close to her without Drake gone, and he had heard the she was close to her Gamma, and he was more times than not at her side, which meant that he had to kill him also. Samir was not killing one person, but three very powerful beings, which meant he might have to call in help, though he was going to wait until he had no other choice.

                Samir started to come up with a plan as he drove away from Black Moon. He was quite annoyed by the fact that he found her attractive, since he rarely found a beautiful woman and the one he finally did find was the one he was supposed to kill. But Samir also hated going back on his word, grant he did agree to the deal blindly, but he was a Reaper, and it was his job to kill those he was hired to kill.

                Samir could remember the time he only killed those who were meant to die, when it was hard-wired into his DNA to kill the dying, but that all changed when the leader of Reapers, Thanatos, went to the Underworld and never came back, leaving the Reapers on their own. Anarchy happened and many Reapers fell, only to start killing for human pleasures, money included, and they have not fixed their ways and Samir did not see them ever fixing their ways. Samir missed the old rules, the old code, but he had to make due with what he had now, and if he had to kill a woman for money, then so be it. However, it really was a shame.