Chapter 23 : Bad Blood

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes, "Yes. For Christ's sake, I'm alive! Now, can you please call a doctor or someone."

"On it!" She exclaims before busting out of the room. I missed her. I chuckle to myself, if she could have only seen the look on her face earlier.

The first one to rush in my room is Tim. He was running from outside and almost tripped on the way over here. The moment he sees me looking alive than before, he abruptly tackles me into a crushing hug. I suppose he misses me too much to not even care if he hurts or kills me by suffocation.

"You can let go now." I attempt to speak.

Tim breathes heavily, running his hand across my back in a manner. "Oh my gosh, thank goodness you are alive."

"I missed you." He adds.

"I miss me too, to be honest."

He then lets me go. But, not completely as he takes my face between his big hands. "Don't do that to me ever again! If you try to die on me, I'll shit on your coffin at your funeral."

"You will not."

"Oh, yes, I fucking will." Bastard.

Our best friend session is cut off short as mom arrives with Brie and a female doctor following suit. Mom rushes to my side and we share a heartwarming embrace that lasts. I'm so not trying to die again. Now that I know how it feels to lose all this, never again.

"Thank God." She kisses my bandage wrapped forehead.

"Hallelujah," I joke. We chuckle as she gives way for the doctor to make her analysis.

I watch as the lady doctor, Dr. Iacona, check my statistics. She jots down notes on her clipboard, probably the details she is reading on this beeping machine beside me. She also carefully peeks at my bandage to see if there is blood gushing through the thin cloth. So far, I'm good.

"You seem to be in perfect shape and the wound, I suppose is already healed. We may remove the bandage soon. As for now, we'll run some few more tests. If you're lucky enough you can go home tomorrow."

I beam in delight as I attend to the word home. Staying in this hell room is the worst, but it wouldn't hurt for another night I guess. "Thank you."

"Get rest." Doctor cheers, before heading out to the hall.

"Oh, wait!" I call, "When can I take a shower?"

She halts and turns back around to face me. "You still can't. But, I can send a nurse for a sponge bath if you like?"

"Yeah, sure." I retort quite unsure, uncomfortable with the idea of a stranger undressing me and touching me in inappropriate places. Shivers.

Dr. Iacona maybe sensing my worry because the next thing she says completely shocks me. "A male one?" She winks.

I gape and feel heat creep up my neck. "What?"

"I'll send him right away." She utters once more, emphasizing the word "him", before walking off.

"You just woke up from a coma and you're already getting action. Damn, teach me your gay ways." Tim stares at me in a way.

I feel my blush getting worse as they continue the conversation. This is embarrassing, oh my gosh. Dr. Iacona is insane, although I have to thank her for at least lessening my worry. I get another man to undress and touch me, or clean me, what is there to worry about?

"Someone called for a sponge bath?" A deep voice speaks up, following a knock on the wooden door.

A boner.