However all that I could possibly feel was the hard examination of his eyes and mutual stare that he gave back to me.

The man didn't make a move to barge in or pull out a knife like a movie scene. However stood there with head facing down towards me.

He was tall, despite the lack of features the night allowed me to make out, that much was undeniably obvious.

Even in an alerting situation like this, feelings such as fear or urgency weren't evoked reminding me of how empty I felt indeed.

The air around the man was absolutely still, just as still as him as he didn't waver an inch. He appeared insanely tense, solid. It was as if tenseness itself was in the form of a human body, configured at my front door.

I didn't know what to say. It wasn't like strange men appeared at my doorstep every night at such an indecent hour all the time.

This was another event that wasn't apart of my routine I called life and lived for the past several years. It was leaving me utterly confused and lost than ever before.

However I knew I had to speak to gain a response from this stranger. Perhaps my assumptions of a serial killer were wrong. He was simply lost.

"There's no one home if that's what you're wondering," I muttered. If he was hesitate to kill me, I guess I could give him the reassurance he needed. After all, death is inevitable.

The man didn't utter a word. Didn't speak. If you watched closely, it even appeared as though he wasn't breathing. His body was intimidating and broad shoulders supported that.

I slightly shivered and felt goosebumps. The air outside was painfully chilling and I was considering withdrawing back into what ever safety my house had to offer.

The wind blew softly and I captured a strand of my hair, placing it behind my ear.

That's when I paused.

I noticed the man who was smothered by darkness, tilt his head ever so slightly, as if to be following the movement of my hand.

I stared at him blankly for a few more seconds, my shoulders then sagged, my appearance seeming somewhat bored.

I lowered my head, ready to back away.

I took a step back and began to close the frail door.

"I wanted to see you with my eyes."

I paused again.

The man had spoke. With just a few words it added several characteristics towards his unknown being.

His voice was just as chilling as I felt.

It had a demanding edge, just like his presence.

His voice was low, his tone completely calm and blank, somehow resonating with the way I was myself.

The sound was a texture my ears chose to focus on rather than the words he was saying.

After a moment, I was able to respond.

"See me?"

I directed my blank look back up.

Only to be greeted by thin air.

Instinctively once again, I glanced in both directions. He disappeared soundlessly and timelessly making me gaze around for a second longer.

The tense and dark aura was still lurking, making me shiver once again, as the wind picked up.

Choosing to play it safe, I took a step back, closing my door in an agonizingly slow gesture.

Once it was closed, I stared at the dint in the wooden door, staring at the patterns.

Perhaps today wasn't my day to die?

The only emotion that I felt and was already familiar with; was confusion.

I couldn't think of a logical answer for the behavior of a stranger and a presumed killer in my mind.

Thoughts of Arnold and Luciano gone forever combined with strange men were various things that had interfered with my regular day to day emptiness, leaving me to wonder what these ordeals now mean't for me.

I still hadn't figured what the loss of two supposedly friends mean't for me, however what I did know was I had the company of imprisonment from my house.

Although the sudden occurrences within a small time frame has left me wondering and questioning otherwise.

I inhaled a deep breath.

Eyes squeezed shut.

Holding, holding and holding.

Then I let out a large exhale, feeling slightly light headed.

Taking a few small steps forward, I allowed my body to fall back, landing on the brown cotton sofa, eyes staring at the ceiling.

Then I was indulged in never ending thoughts, just like always.

Who was that stranger?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

A/N

Sorry this took awhile to update!

I had wrote it however as some may have noticed when writing Wattpad now saves as you go and I accidentally pressed the option 'cut' deleting most of this chapter, and it was automatically saved :/

It was really frustrating I'll admit so sorry if it wasn't a good chapter, I feel that the original was better

So tell me what you think about this so far please?

Thoughts on Grace?

Love

-E