Chapter 8 - Chaos

The following morning, Remus and Romulus appeared before him and confer about their mistress' command for him not to tell anyone about the guardians being in the castle. Ross agreed without a choice and left the castle to talk to Aria.

'Did you find out what you want to know?'

'Yes.'

'And?'

'Tell me how to save you and my family.'

'Ross, you cannot save both of us. It is either the Sangria or my life. And let me tell you that I do not intend to die for them.'

'What is your purpose for doing this, Aria?'

'This is the destiny of the one born with the blood of both Solas and Sangria. Even if I want to run away, I cannot escape my fate.' Aria replied with sadness in her eyes as she stares back at him.

Ross saw through her. The sadness. The pain. The suffering. The sorrow. And the purpose of her life. He remembered what his father told him about half bloods and why they are forbidden to be born.

+++

The news came 2 weeks after Ross returned from the castle. He is currently speaking to one of the Elders.

'What happened?'

'Your father fell into a coma after protecting the queen from the intruder. We were unable to apprehend the person because of his ability. We all know that no Solas are alive and yet he showed Solas power to take life.'

'Damn! Did he took father's soul?'

'That's the mystery. The intruder did not touch the king. It seemed like he was just mocking them when he pushed both of them through the balcony. That was what your mother told us. Because of the impact and the weight of the queen as well as the surprise they felt, the king wasn't able to react quickly, thus hitting his head in the gutter. Prince, he hasn't awaken yet.'

'I will return right away.'

After their conversation, he drove back Aria's house but found it empty. He didn't know where she went to now. As he was leaving, he saw her phone lying on the bed. Curiosity got the better of him so he checked it.

"Fear is in the air. The king is in coma. The land is in dread. The people in distress. Come and end the beginning, mistress."

+++

Ross returned to the castle and searched for Remus and Romulus but couldn't find them. He released his guardians, Castor and Pollux, from the trap they were in.

'What happened?'

'The mistress intervened and took away our power. Master, she is hell bent on killing every living vampire.'

'What should we do?'

'I don't know.'