Chapter 24 - A Night Out

Start from the beginning

Samantha was part of their group, not because she was a duff, but due to the fact that she was considered beautiful and approachable by guys. Dawn, for all her beauty, couldn't get the right type of guys to approach her.  The only type of guys that approached Dawn were either drunk or arrogant. Dawn was okay with the arrogant ones so long as they were hot and/or loaded, but Samantha seemed to attract the hot nice guys, many of whom were rich. That was whom Dawn truly wanted to attract.

"I'm not really sure..." Samantha started before Dawn cut her off.

"We felt bad that we had to bail last weekend, so this is our way of trying to make it up to you," pleaded Dawn. She wasn't above grovelling if needed so long as it got her her desired results.

Joy and Lisa both nodded their agreement and smiled hesitantly at Samantha. They both wanted her to attend as well. Dawn's cast offs were usually nice to look at, but Samantha's were also nice in personality. Neither of their dates had worked out the weekend before since they had been Dawn's cast offs. This weekend they were hoping for better luck especially since Lisa had told them all about the two hot cowboys that Samantha had snagged at the rodeo.

Feeling her resolve crumble at the contriteness of her friends Samantha agreed to go.

"Great," clapped Dawn, "We will wait in the car for you. We brought all our stuff with us so that we could get ready together at your place."

Samantha nodded her agreement and watched them walk out wondering what she had just gotten herself into.

She finished her close out routine before walking back to the staff room. She pulled out her phone and turned it on, wanting to check for texts from the boys away from the prying eyes of her friends. There was no point in denying the fact that Lisa had probably already spilled the beans on what she had seen last Friday, but Samantha wasn't ready to confirm or share much more than that yet.

Josh: Had a decent ride today. Score wasn't as high as last week, but your text kiss did help. ;)

Jake: Mine was great as well. Josh was more than decent. His score was still higher than most of his last year. Thanks for the good luck kiss!

Josh: True, just like your score was as well, but we missed you in the stands.

Josh and Jake were away at an American rodeo this weekend. It was an annual family affair and reunion for them. Relatives from all sides of their families and both sides of the border attended for the weekend since both countries celebrated holidays within days of each other.

Samantha: That is great guys! I wish I could have been there to see it.

Samantha: Dawn, Lisa, and Joy showed up with sold out tickets to watch a local country band as their way of making up for ditching me.

Samantha: I don't know when I will be home so I probably can't call. ;( Please text me though. I really miss you both!

Samantha closed her phone, grabbed her stuff and headed for the door. She stopped at the door, took a deep breath in, and said a little prayer before walking out into the parking lot to see what fate or karma had in store for her tonight.

Samantha and the girls, with all their stuff, trooped into Samantha's house.

"I'm home," she called out.

Barb walked out of the living room to greet her daughter and the girls. Dawn had called earlier to ask for permission for Samantha to go out with them tonight. "Welcome home Samantha," —she gave Samantha a hug and kiss on the cheek— "Welcome girls. It has been a few weeks," she stated with a smile.